Happy Memorial Day!!

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!!!! I didnt go to the parade...but its the same every year so whatever. Me and psycho friend(Katie) went to the pool. I'm not so sure if I got a tan or not. I'm Irish, so I dont tan so well. But I'm also Ukrainian and Polish, and those people tan REALLY well. So its kinda a 50/50 chance that I either get tanned...or burned. My hair is starting to get blonde highlights in my hair(everyone thinks their fake but I swear to Jesus they are real!!). Ohhh yeah, I just read this article about how this 13 year old girl killed herself with no apparant reason except for the emo 'fashion'. And the parents are MCR!! Puh-leeze, MCR is the greatest band and does not endorse self-harm...or the emo fashion. Does this girl even have anything to cut herself about?? Being suicidal and self-harming is a disease, not a fad. And when the so called 'father' found about her cutting herself, he shouldnt have said,"okay, just dont do it again', he should have taken her to the hospital!! And I am just so angry that the parents would blame it on a band, especially My Chemical Romance. My Chemical Romance has helped so many people with their music, including me. When my aunt died i became depressed, and scared because my uncle had killed himself years before, and I thought I was going to. But when my cousin gave me an MCR cd for my birthday, my life changed. I learned that its okay to be different and do you're own thing, and that you shouldnt have to deal with your problems alone. I believe that MCR saved my life. I am now a much happier and stronger person because of them. I listen to their music every day and have posters of them in my room (along with my Spice Girls poster...heh heh). They aspired me to be a writer and now I cant stop writing. I owe everything to them. I think the parents balmed MCR because they didnt want to blame themselves. Now that my angst is out, i have decided that I am going to have a diferent holiday every single day where there isnt already a holiday!!! Today is Memorial Day so...Happy Memorial Day!!

B
May 27th, 2008 at 01:38am