New York !!

I just got back from a long weekend in New York City, and let me tell you, it was absolutely amazing!

I went on Thursday morning, our flight was at 8:30 and you have to get there three hours beforehand, which meant I had to get up at 4:30 to leave the house by 5:30! We went to the airport and checked in and all of that boring stuff, then lounged around for a couple of hours, ate breakfast and then got on the plane.

We went with American Airlines. The flight was pretty good. I watched Jumper on the little TV in the back of the person in front of me's chair, and I played Tetris for ages! It was so fun I got like a bazillion lines then the stupid captain came on the intercom, which stopped the game and then when he finished talking all of the blocks sped down and I lost !!! I fell asleep for the rest of the journey.

When I woke up we were landing in JFK airport. We have family out in NY so we went to see them as my Grandma had some stuff she wanted to drop off to her sister. I really didn't want to go as I really wanted to go and explore the city. I was told we'd be there for two hours. Pfft, yeah! We got there at about half ten and didn't leave until 6 ! But it was okay because my Great Auntie's daughter brought over her new baby, and we got to play with her all day. She was adorable! Only 5 months old!

After we left their house we went to the hotel to drop off our bags. Our hotel was literally across the road form the Chrysler Building, the view we got of the building(from the 33rd floor) was mind-blowing.

On Friday morning we got up early and went to get some breakfast, we ended up in Starbucks! :D I was very happy, to say the least. After that we went shopping - I bought 2 CDs Pretty. Odd. and A Fever You Can't Sweat Out, both by Panic At The Disco. We shopped for hours and I loved just looking around the city.

On Saturday we went on an open top bus tour of Manhattan, it was awesome - we went through Times Square (which isn't really sqaure!), past Madsion Square Garden(I was really peed that I wasn't there 2 weeks earlier so I colud've gone to the MCR MSG gig! Grrr!) We also went past the Fuse studio and I'm pretty sure I saw Steven, of SURS, walking down the road! I also bought tow other Cds Lies For The Liars, by The Used and RIOT! by Paramore. I also got two MCR shirts.*

On Sunday again we went shopping again to get the last bits before we went home.

We went to the airport got the plane home, the journey of which I slept all the way! :D

And I got home yesterday (Monday).

* I bought the black and white striped MCR shirt and the one that is black and has red roses and keys on it. They are both the sex.

--
Lola
--
May 27th, 2008 at 04:19pm