(Cosmetology) School Troubles

Ok, so I'll be starting my third term (nine week sessions) at my beauty school this comming monday. Yes, this week has been my 'summer' isn't that just great? No one I know is off work/school.

The girls at my school- let's just say that I was comming home crying every day for almost 4 weeks because I'm completely different than them in these following ways:

I'm a virgin
which is a shock to them, 70% of the stuff they talk about is relating to who/how/when they sleep with people
It kind of makes me feel like a freak, just because I want to save myself for marrige does that makes me some kind of prude? I don't judge or say anything about things they do that I don't agree with but one girl announced the fact that I'm a virgin in front of the entire class. On a side note we have a perverted italian dude in the class and the look he gave me makes me shiver with the thought of it. (shivers)


I don't' drink
I've tried stuff before, and I just think it tastes gross. My friends were pumping me full once but I just made faces and didn't get at all buzzed either (thanks to my unfit-ness). Some of my best friends drink a lot, but I don't even think of saying anything except if I think they are going to harm themselves. In fact I know that saying I don't drink to much in front of the other girls could be taken as a put down to them.

I don't do drugs
This one's given me strange reactions. I say that i've never done any weed etc. and they give me a weird look. But one of my friends boyfriends that I just realized is a drug dealer looked at me like he was shocked and as he was rolling up some marajuana on the table in front of us he said, "Don't you dare ever start, no matter what anyone says."
I've gotten the same kind of things from other people who do drugs, yet at the same time people look down on me.
But one girl said that they were prob. jealous of me.


That's just the beginning of the things but I think these are the most important. Am I weird and strange and dorky? Is there anything I can do to make myself not feel like a complete prude without actually doing them?
May 29th, 2008 at 04:49pm