Cell Phones are the New Lighter: The Story of a Broken Foot

Well, the first part of the title has nothing to do with what the journal's about, really. I'm just watching Life on the Murder Scene as I write this, and Gerard just said something about cell phones being the new lighter.

Anyway, it's...Wednesday, 11 June. At about...1504 hours. (3:04 PM) Been up for only about three of those hours. Boredom hitting me in the face, nothin' to do...

Except for yesterday, really. I kinda ended up busting a few of the bones in my foot. Skateboarding.

Now, I know you're thinking, "Wtf did she do...?"

Well, even if you're not, I'll tell you anyway!

I was trying to land a stunt yesterday. Don't know exactly what it was--I guess I was just screwing around, to be honest--but I ended up popping the board up to get onto a rail. Well, I come off the rail and lost my footing somehow and ended up landing on my left foot... Wasn't fun.

So, I called my mom. And I was like, "Hey, Ma, you gotta come pick me up. I can't walk home." I mean, I could limp, and I tried to, but the pain got so bad I couldn't do it anymore.

So anyway, I call my mom and she's all, "What the hell did you do to yourself?" And I told her, "Mom, I'll tell you on the way home, just come get me."

So she comes and I tell her how I fell off my board. Didn't tell her how, just told her that I fell off and really think I screwed up my foot.

Well, we got home and Mom told me to put my foot up on a chair. I did it. Mom's an Advanced EMT (emergency medical technician--sort of like a paramedic), and she started palpating (feeling through the skin to see if anything's broken) my foot. She's like, "Yeah. You broke a couple bones in there."

Unfortunately, since the bones in the foot are so damn small, there's nothing they can do to fix it. I just have to put up with the pain until it heals itself.

Gah.

In other news, my birthday's coming up... Not sure if I'm so psyched about it. Fifteen's nothing to brag about, really. Though, I do get to get my tattoo. Mom's paying for it. So, in a sense, I'm pretty stoked.

I can't really skateboard for a few weeks to a month now. I wonder what I'll do... Skateboarding's pretty much all I've got this summer. Pool's screwed up. Liner's all ripped and all. So we gotta get a fiberglass...thing and drop it in there. But even then, with the whole foot thing, I don't think I'd be able to swim much. Well, maybe.

Ah, whatever. I've got some writing and some reading to catch up on, so maybe I'll get a jump on that.
June 11th, 2008 at 10:17pm