RIP - Claire Naylor

So I get ann e-mail (landed in my trash, nice!) to tell me that Claire passed away in her sleep on Sunday from one of her carers. They think it was peaceful but she didn't have night care so they can't be sure. I hope it was, she had high blood sugar so probably did fall asleep.

Now Claire was a friend of a friend who hooked into me at Download 2007. (Ironic she died during Download 08 really) From then on she regulary drove me to the brink of insanity to tell me the urgent news of her Tesco shop or a gas bill. She made an impression mind!

OK, I won't miss that, or the demands for money for her sick dog, or even the fact I always seemed to be searching for things she wanted on the Net we were both connected to... argh! Yeah, often I found I didn't like her very much but I am still affected in some way because she was always there... you know? Wierd maybe but despite everything her heart was in the right place she just put a foot in it a lot like in this conversation...

Claire: What disabity do you have?

Me: Friedreich's Ataxia

Claire: Oh... Looking it up, hang on... Oh, wow, and I thought my prognosis was bad...

Hmm, thanks Claire, I needed reminding. Mind you, it was because of that remark that I thought she'd be there forever. So, I am shocked. Mind you her Mum and dog died and like an inspiration she acieved her goal and met Slash this year.

What a star - Rest In Peace
June 16th, 2008 at 06:40pm