The problems with being pretty...

Ok so that sounds vain.

Sorry if it is, but to me, i have a problems with being pretty.

Im short and skinny with long red hair and what my boy friend tells me is a " very proportional" body. "Not to big, not to small, just right"

Whatever

Anyways today im at work waiting tables and this younger man and his daughter walk in and are seated in my section. There are additional menus at the table so i know there are going to be people joining them. i greet the table, the man is about 28, but looks young to be the father of the young girl he is with. Shes about 8 years old. He orders drinks for four with out even looking up at me...

So i come back to the table with the drinks and his wife (they had on rings) and a younger little girl are sitting at the table with them. So i put the drinks down and ask if they are ready to order and he finally looks up and acknowledges me. I can just tell he likes what he sees, girls have a way of knowing things like this. He's looking at me and talking to me like he wants to eat me up! Infront of his wife and children! His wife btw wasn't someone i would have ever thought this man to be with. He was attractive, cali surfer looking almost. She just looked old and worn out. My boyfriend calls it being trapped. Maybe he got this girl pregnant and decided to stay with her or something. And it works out ok in the beginning but then quickly turns bad and then he fees trapped.

Anyways the whole point of this is i know i could have done what ever i wanted to do with this man had i just given the signal that i wanted to be approached or hit on or whatever. He's sitting next to his wife and daughters for goodness sakes!! My problem with being pretty is that i felt so bad. I wanted to get this women alone for a moment and tell her what a dog her husband was! I felt bad because he was oogling me while sitting next to her.

And it wasn't my fault, i mean i cant help how i look. Im going to wear my shorts and do my hair and makeup for work. Im not going to show up looking like poop just because i dont like the way some people look at me. Im kinda use to it by now.

Men are just dogs, thats what it comes down to.

p.s. sorry if there are a lot of typos in this, beer number 3 is tasting good right now....
August 13th, 2008 at 04:09am