My ickle poniekins

I have 2 ponies and 2 horses before I continue telling you about Charlie. (A pony).

He's very small and been beaten before we had him. He's very soppy but a little opinionated with people. He's very protective of his mares and as a half gelded male pony (he has 1 bollock) he gets very confused and tries to be a stallion.

This is unfortunate as he's about 6 inches smaller than our other gelding. Today they were fighting about the mares. Charlie came off worst. A lot worse. He lost so badly he tried to run home, our field where he was turned out is about half a mile up the road.

He's covered in bites and puncture marks. He's got cellulitis. (An infection of the cell walls.) He's really old too. And he's not very well any way. So he's going to the vet's tomorrow for them to make sure he's as close to 100% as he can be.

I'm telling you this because I love this little pony so much it would kill me if he had to be put down. And I'm not being "emo" about it. It really would. This little pony has taught me so much about life in general. You know when someone says about butterflies when they talk to their crush, and how they can't stop talking about them, and how they can't stop giggling when they're with them? Yeah? That's me and this pony. I'm not like Catherine the Great, but this pony is my first love. He's my glue. He holds me together, and when I'm down I go and cuddle him and know that he loves me no matter what I do.

Please pray for my pony. I'll keep you updated with him and his progress - if you want. I just had to let this out, and my Mum gets a little worried about me when I talk about Charlie like this... Well, wouldn't you?
April 24th, 2007 at 08:06pm