Warped Tour '08!

Today was the day of Warped Tour 2008 at Shoreline Ampetheatre, and my parents allowed to attended the concert. The day started out with an eye exam by my eye doctor, who manage to put a numbing solution in my eyes (very uncomfortable). Then, at around noon, my mother drove me and my older sister to the concert where we were supposed to meet my friend. However, upon arrival, my friend texted me and informed me that she had the flu and was unable to attend.
Howeer, this was not going to stop me. My older sister and I headed directly to the satge where The Academy Is... was playing and managed to catch their last coupkd songs (We've Got A Big Mess On Our Hands, Checkmarks, Classifieds, and About A Girl) During one of the songs, Gabe Saporta of Cobra Starship came out and sang along with William to I think Classifieds. When TAI was done, I walked over to the next stage, which was Cobra Starship. I listened to The City Is At War and Send My Love To The Dance Floor, I'll See You In Hell before I was required to leave to fetch my sister's friend.
We then walked around the merh tents and I bought an All Time Low and The Academy Is... t-shirts, an All Time Low poster, and a We The Kings poster. (I even managed to score a photo with Automatic Loveletter's Juliet Simms!). We then headed over to the We The Kings signing where they signed my poster before I headed over to see All Time Low. I managed to see them proform This Is How We Do, Let It Roll, and Coffee Shop Soundtrack before I headed over to the The Academy Is... signing.
Once there, I had to wait in line for about an hour before I managed to meet the guys. As they were signing my program, I informed Adam that it was for my eleven year old sister who was dying to see them but was not allowed to go. I had told her that I'd get her something special, and what better gift than her favorite band's autograph? He paused and looked up at me, a huge grin on his face.
"That's so nice!" he laughed, slapping me a high five. He finished signing and passed it over to Mike Carden, who slapped me a high five.
"Dude, your really amazing for doing that. I wish I had a sister like that," he told me before giving me a tin bow. "Santi!"
Then Michael Guy Chislett started signing my booklet. "That is really nice," he said.
"Thanks. I saw you guys playing earlier, you were awesome!" I gushed.
"Wow, you came here early," he laughed.
"Yeah, I had an eye doctor appointment beforehand, so I had to get early for that, too," I informed him. "I can't wait for the new album to come out! I've listened to the release songs and I love them!"
"Great! I'm glad you did, seeing as we worked really hard on it," he passed the booklet to the Butcher, who signed it quickly, shouting 'Butcher!'
"Well, from what I heard, it's amazing!" I told him.
"Thanks," he said before giving me another highfive. Butcher slapped me a highfive and told me: "It's really cool that you're doing something like that for your sister, and I'm glad you like the album!"
"Of course I do! You guys are amazing!" I laughed. Then William took my booklet and signed it.
"Hi," he waved.
"Hi," I replied, a little starstruck.
"Your sister's really lucky," he told me, handing the booklet back to me, slapping me a highfive. "I hope you like the rest of the concert!" Nodding (And blushing like a tomato, I might add) I stepped away from them, almost knocking into Jack the Camera Guy and Tony the Tour Manager.
After that, I walked around and watched Forever The Sickest Kids and Automatic Loveletter proform before I had to leave.
Needless to say, the concert was AMAZING! And no doubt about it, I shall be back for next year's tour!
August 16th, 2008 at 06:43am