A Vacation Worth a Lifetime

I got skills, Tom!

“Tom; Why’re you staring at Hailey like that?” Haylen asked raising on eyebrow. “Eurh... Well that’s because...” He trailed off as I turned my head and stared back at him. I raised one eyebrow, waiting for a response. “She’s...” He mumbled. God Tom! Just spit it out! “She’s cute.” He babbled blushing and turning his head away. I was going to say something but then I remembered my whole spazmac in Hot Topic that one day. I decided to stay quiet. Haylen fell silent, and sat on Bill’s lap again. The whole room fell silent; Everybody concentrated on the television, although no one was really watching.

A few minutes went past and then I heard a quiet smacking noise. I continued to stare at the television because I thought maybe the television was making those odd noises. I whipped my head quickly across the room, and saw Bill and Haylen – Yes, they were making the noise. They were kissing. I stared for a second and blushed when Bill opened his left eye to stare at me. I quickly turned my head towards the television and began to watch the movie – well, pretended to anyways.

Since no one was really watching the movie – except for Gustav – we decided to shut it off and do something else. Tom brought out his guitar, and Haylen and I got a quick performance. Tom played his Les Paul guitar and Bill sang Hilf Mir Fliegen. Once they were finished I was stunned by how amazing they are live. “I’m going to play a song with my amazing guitar skillage.” I announced to everyone winking. I gently picked up Tom’s guitar – afraid to scratch it – and started playing the only song I knew how to play. “You’ve got magic inside your fingertips. It’s leakin’ out all over my skin.” I began to sing. I wasn’t nervous at all because my parents made me play for everyone whenever they had friends over. I hit a few sour notes and began laughing.

“Good, but definitely not as good as me.” Tom laughed and took his guitar back from my grip. I punched him in the shoulder and stuck my tongue out. “Whatever Tom. You just wish you had skills like me.” I laughed too.

It was only our second day in New York, but it felt like a month had passed. We still had 4 more days in New York, so we still had a while. “When do you guys leave New York?” I asked hoping we’d both leave on the same day. Well, actually I hoped we’d never leave them. “Ah, we leave... In 5 more days.” Bill answered, his eyes going wide. I bet you he realized we were going to have to stop hanging out with each other when we all left. “And you leave when?” Tom asked cheerlessly. “We leave in four more days.” Haylen answered, her face frozen.

Everyone in the room understood what was going to happen. We had 4 more days with each other, and then we’d probably never see each other again – what a wonderful vacation.

The room grew quiet; It felt like the walls were closing in on me. Haylen got up off the bed and gathered her things. She pulled me off the bed also, and handed me my coat which was on Bill’s bed. She lead me out the door and towards the street. “Where are we going?” I asked quietly, still grief-struck by the conversation we just had. “To the hotel.” Haylen whispered with no emotion in her voice.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, soo the song that I was playing on guitar in this chapter, is called Magic by colbie caillat.

And yes; it's one of the three songs I can play. XD