A Vacation Worth a Lifetime

Gustav Stop. Tom your a jerk. Georg, you too quiet

I looked at my hand and followed the lean arm up to see whose hand it was. It was Gustav’s. Ah. Okay then. This was really weird. “What type of ice cream do you want? They have more than Vanilla.” Gustav said, smiling. “Ehm. Vanilla please.” I was definitely back to speaking in 5 words – or less. I turned to look at Bill. I suppose my face gave it away that I wasn’t use to having men who were older than me hold my hand – especially if I didn’t know them. He gave me sort of an apologetic look, than stared at Gustav. Then Gustav let my hand go. I was still staring at Bill and Haylen. It was just so cute! Bill stared at me again and winked. It was probably his way of saying “your welcome,” I’m sure of it. I really wasn’t that comfortable with Gustav holding my hand.

After we got the ice cream we headed back down to where Bill, Tom, Gustav and Georg had their chairs on the beach. I took out my cellular and looked at the time. It was only noon-ish. We still had 3 hours. I wondered how much longer Bill and them had here. It was getting easier to understand them through their thick accents now. It was awquardly silent. I hoped Gustav and Georg were finished asking their questions. Tom was walking on the far end of us, not even acknowledging Haylen or I were here still. How cool of him. If he wasn’t going to say anything, then I was. “Tom. Why’re you so quiet?” I asked, poking his arm. “Eh? I’m tired, and this is vacation. I sleep on vacation; that is what vacation is for.” He replied, smiling. I kind of felt bad for disturbing their holiday.

As we approached the chairs where Bill, Tom, Gustav and Georg had sat before I ran and jumped onto Tom’s chair. That’s right; I wasn’t going to sit in the sand. Even though he was tired, well that was too bad. “Hey. You’re in my chair.” Tom stated as he played with his lip ring. “Uh – Huh.” I said, winking at him. He picked me up and placed me in the sand. “Oh, that’s funny!” I said pretending to be mad. I had a thing for making big scenes over nothing. Thank god I wasn’t in the light of fame like Bill, Tom and them were. “Tom, be a man and give her your seat. She obviously doesn’t like the sand.” Bill stated with a serious look on his face, although his tone of voice was playful. “Mhm.” Tom mumbled. Haylen smiled at me, probably because the look I had on my face would have been pretty funny. When I get mad, my face crinkles up and I look like I’m about 90.

“What hotel are you staying in?” Bill asked Haylen. “Ehm. I’m not sure, really. I don’t pay attention to details like that.” Haylen said smiling. “Let’s go into the water. It’s getting hot.” Tom said reaching for his water bottle. “I’m going to stay here, actually...” I replied in a low voice. “Oh, why? Scared of the SHARKS!?” Tom added, laughing. “No. My hair. It goes insanely frizzy if I don’t straighten it after it gets wet. And uh, yeah.” I admitted. I really didn’t want to tell them that! “Yeah, mine too.” Haylen agreed. She probably saw that I was embarrassed. “Come anyways. I won’t laugh – Well, I can’t promise that.” Tom said smiling wryly. I did want to go swimming with the most ah-may-zing boys ever... So, I decided to. “Fine. I’ll go. Just don’t get my hair wet, or I’ll kill one of you.” I shot back at Tom who was laughing. Haylen and I took off our shirts and shorts and threw them on the chairs.

As we all trudged into the water, Tom came up behind me and picked me up again. “Agh! Let me down.” I yelled, hitting his back. I stopped my yelling and screaming, and looked over at Haylen and Bill. Bill had her arm around her, and Haylen had her arm around his back. I literally froze for a second as I watched them walk into the water. It was adorable – It looked like it was right out of some sappy romance movie. “Tommm! Don’t!” I shrieked as he threw me into the water. I bobbed up out of the water, my hair completely soaked. Great, that’s just what I wanted; Wet, frizzy hair.
♠ ♠ ♠
Blaa. The beginning of this chapter I apologize for - It went way too fast. xD