A Vacation Worth a Lifetime

It was a really sad movie, alright?

Haylen’s bags of clothes sat in the front of the seat and my bag of clothing sat by my feet. She got a few more items than I did, since I had my mind set on those skinny jeans. I heard something coming from Haylen; It sounded like a deep Brrrrr sound. She pulled out her cellular which was on vibrate, and starting texting. “Who y’texting?” I asked even though it was obviously Bill. “Bill. He says he wants you and I to have dinner with them tonight.” She explained, and she sent a text message back. “Too bad we can’t; The teacher wouldn’t let us, and besides even if he did he’s end up coming with us anyway.” She added as she slipped her cellular away back into her pocket. “mh.” I mumbled as I bit my lip. I had to admit that I was jealous of her; Bill wasn’t always staring at other girls like Tom did. I was here for a vacation, not to see Tokio Hotel; So I’d consider myself lucky just to be around them.

Finally, we pulled up at the hotel’s main entrance, and went up to our room. We threw our bags on our beds, and I flew straight to my luggage bag. In my smaller luggage bag, I had a container of Nutella. If you don’t know what Nutella is, then your definitely not living life, at all. I grabbed the container of Nutella and a spoon, and started eating. After a few mouthfuls I had a bit of a stomach ache. I threw the spoon into the sink and decided I’d wash it later, when I felt like it. “So, Haylen. What do you and Bill talk about all the time? Whenever I look at you together, you’re both talking about something!” I asked wiping nutella off my face with a napkin. “Uh, I’m not sure. Bill has a lot of things to talk about. It’s mostly about his tours, since I keep bringing them up. Some of it is about me, but not all that much. But, whatever. Oh and you missed some.” She laughed as she got off the bed and pointed at my face, where more nutella was. “I’m such a messy kid.” I rolled onto my back and laughed. There was a knock at our door, so Haylen went to answer it; I probably still had Nutella on my face, but oh well. “Dinner in 20 minutes, girls.” The teacher announced.

After I was sure I had all the nutella off my face, I went to get my new jeans on for dinner. Everyone would stare at me like I didn’t know how to dress myself, because everyone else here wore boring, bland colors. It looked as if their parents dressed them. However, atleast a few could manage to dress themselves. I slipped my blue leopard print jeans on, and a shirt. Yeah, good enough. Haylen threw some new jeans which were acid washed and a new shirt - which I haven’t seen her wear before - into the bathroom. Once we were both finished getting dressed, we headed down into the kitchen, and sat at the table. “Okay, tonight for dinner we’re going to have vegetarian pizza, cheese pizza, or pepperoni pizza. Or you can pay 5 dollars to make your own.” The teacher announced to everyone. I’d just grab a slice of the vegetarian pizza; I was trying to cut down on meat. Haylen grabbed a slice of the cheese pizza, and we both shared a coca-cola.

Once that boring dinner was over, the teacher told us that we could either stay in our rooms, or go visit a friend in another room. Haylen and I decided to stay in our room together, and watch a movie. I picked out a sad romance, and 15 minutes into the movie I had my nutella by my side, and a box of Kleenex. Haylen’s eyes were watering a little, but I was crying. There was a knock on our door, so I went to answer it; I didn’t bother wiping my eyes, because it was probably someone from choir class. I opened the door, and there stood Bill, Tom, Georg and Gustav. “Hello.” I welcomed in a low voice as more tears streamed down my cheeks. Why in the name of god, do I cry so much over god-damned movies! “Ah. Everything is good?” Asked Bill staring at my face, his head tilted to the side. “Yeaah.” I sighed. Bill went to sit down with Haylen on the bed. Tom and the rest just stared at me like I was insane. “It’s a sad movie.”I said, finally stopping the tears. “Ah, yeah.” Georg said as he strode past me, sitting on the bed with Bill and Haylen. Gustav sat on the other bed, where I was sitting with my Kleenex and nutella. Tom threw his arm around my back, and walked me to the bed.

“What’re you doing here? The teacher’ll kill us if he finds we let you guys in, y‘know!” Haylen asked.