You're in My Heart, the Only Light That Shines There in the Dark

I can see it in your eyes your scared .

*****8 1/2 months later *****
Your gunna be one spoiled kid arent ya ?" Laila gushed as she kneeled down and touched Jess's stomache .

" Ok ...ow ." Jess bent forward a bit and held onto her stomache .

" Oh wow ...I felt that one ." Laila laughed ." It sure does kick alot ."

" Tell me about it ."Jess sounded winded ." That kick took the breath right out of me ." She put one hand on her lower back for support and bent down slowly to sit on the couch . " I'm starting to feel really anxious , I want it out already ."

" Why dont we know the sex of it already ?" Laila asked looking puzzled .

" Because me and Rob both agreed that we wanted that aspect of the pregnanacy to be a surprise ." Jess smiled lovingly as she looked down at her stomache ." Its amazing ... I havent even met him ...or her yet and I already love my baby so much but I'm so nervous , how can I know I'm going to know how to take care of him or her ?"

Laila smiled as she watched Jess sit there and hold onto her stomache , the beauty in this wasnt hard to find . Eight months ago Laila would have been just as freaked out as Jess about the mom sitaution but Jess had come so far in eight months and Laila knew she was ready for this
" Your going to be great Jess , dont worry you'll know exactly what to do when you get there ."

Jess looked up at her best friend " Yeh ?"

" Of course ." Laila said smiling as she leaned in and hugged her .

" Well ... I was never too good with keeping these sappy moments going, so yeh ." A wide smile formed across Brendons face.

" You know Brendon if Jess wasnt pregnant and very emotional at the moment I would kick your ass . " Laila stood up from the couch and glared at Brendon .

" Like you could ." He crossed his arms and smiled smugly .

" Try me ." There was no hint of joking in Lailas voice .

" Calm down killer ." Brendon leaned down toward Laila leaving little space between there faces ."Lets not make threats when we cant keep them ."

" GUYS ! " Rob walked in through the door. " Would you two shut up . I cant even leave Jess alone with you all for a little while without you two trying to kill eachother and give her more anxiety ." He walked over and helped Jess up pulling her into his arms . He kissed her forehead , handleing her like a porcelain doll that could easily brake with any wrong movement.

" Sorry Jess ." Laila attempted to cool down as she broke her stare from Brendons and rushed to Jess's side ." Are you ok ?"

" I'm fine , I'm fine ." Jess said trying to reassure both Rob and Laila.

" Honey I think you should get some rest ." Rob placed his hand under Jess's chin and lifted her face to meet his giving her a soft kiss. " Come on lets get upstairs ."

" See what you did Laila ...god damn ." Brendon laughed as he sat down on the couch .

" Me ?" Laila walked around and stood in front of him ." Me ? ... you fucking asshole ... you started it ." Lailas cheeks turned crimson red as the anger built up ." You know what ? Ive had just about enough of your shit." Her voice was shaking .

Brendon knew something was wrong , He had always messed with Laila playfully and she never lost it like this . " Laila ." Brendon said as he reached for her .

" No just stop it Brendon !" Tears began to fall down her cheeks .

" I'm sorry I didnt mean to make you upset ... like for real . " He pulled her into a hug .

" Well you did ...so just ." Laila stopped talking as she struggled to pull away from Brendons grip on her .

He smiled as he held on tighter and leaned in to kiss her hair ." I love you ."

" Brendon stop that ...Im trying to be mad at you !" Laila gave one more push before letting her arms go limp and giving up .

Brendon pulled up one of her hands and pressed it to his lips ." I love you ." He repeated once again ." Just say it back and I'll let you go ." He smiled ." I know you love me too but I want to hear it ."

" I- " Laila started off .

" JESS'S WATER BROKE . SOMONE ! GET THE CAR ! " Rob shouted from upstairs .

" Oh shit ." Laila hurried to find the car keys.

****