Sequel: You're Just In Time

Come one come all

Seventeen

Jack’s P.O.V

I was on my way to the hospital again on my own this time; we were going to take it in turns because Alex needs more than one person to keep an eye on him at the moment. I understand what he did was wrong and I know he shouldn’t have done it but he is beating himself up about it too much. He thinks he has killed her, we have tried to tell him he wasn’t the one driving the car, he wasn’t the one who stepped out in the road without looking but he refuses to listen. I parked in the hospital and once I paid and found Louisa’s room I saw the increasing familiar sight of a small lifeless body lying beneath a crisp white blanket and a hunched up body on the chair next to her.

“Pete you need to go and sleep.”

“Not until her parents get here, I can’t leave her, you here alone?”

“Alex needs a couple of people to keep an eye on him.”

“He will need more then that when I get out of here and track him down.”

“Pete don’t, you should see him he is a total mess. He is beating himself up about this and the guilt is clear for anyone to see. He is truly sorry about this and the way it’s going I don’t think it will be too long until he is in here with alcohol poisoning.”

“I’ll talk to him once Louisa is awake.”

“It may be too late by then.”

“What do you mean by that? She’s going to wake up soon Jack ok she’s a Wentz, she’s a fighter.”

“Pete, I have no doubt she will wake up soon but I don’t know if Alex will be ok when I get back tonight. Maybe if you let him know you don’t hate him it might help.” I looked over at Louisa knowing that she was the only person who could bring Alex to his senses again and I wasn’t as optimistic as Pete, Lord knows I wanted her to wake up and be fine tomorrow but I knew the chances were not the best. I wasn’t being harsh I was just being realistic, I really did hope she woke up soon for everyone’s sake, especially Alex. It was just as hard seeing him self destruct as it was seeing Louisa in her bed lifeless.

“Has she made any movement or anything at all?” I asked hopeful, Pete shook his head a firm no and continued to stroke Louisa’s pale forehead. If only she had looked before stepping off that sidewalk, if only she had not ran out in the road. I stayed for a while, made sure Pete had some food and I told Louisa a couple of funny stories, apparently she can hear us so I didn’t want her to be bored, thought I should provide at least some entertainment, I bet she is sick of hearing everyone cry. I said my goodbye’s a couple of hours after I had stepped in there hospital and made my way back to the bus where I saw Zack and Rian trying to pull Alex away from the bushes which were nearby.

“Jack can you please tell him bush surfing isn’t a good idea and he will hurt himself,” Zack said while struggling with one of Alex’s arms. How could they have left him drink so much already?

“ I don’t care if I get hurt, I deserve to be hurt I hurt someone so I should get hurt in return!” Alex exclaimed, slurring his words slightly and shouting for the whole world to hear. I sighed and went over to help but got stopped by my cell ringing, I put my finger up to tell the guys I wouldn’t be a minute and walked away slightly to take the call.

Alex’s P.O.V

I was still trying to get out of Rian and Zack’s grasp, I didn’t even want to go bush surfing anymore, I just felt like being annoying. I stopped what I was doing when I saw Jack walking back over with a shocked expression on my face, I feared the worst and felt as though I was about to breakdown and cry, I wasn’t at all prepared for the words Jack spoke.

“Louisa’s woken up, she’s going to be fine.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment's have been a bit scare lately, am I doing something wrong?
There's only a few chapters left of this but I may be nice enough to write a sequel if enough people want one.