Sequel: You're Just In Time

Come one come all

Four

I had just finished loading the stuff left over on to the van which wasn’t much and finished at one o clock, just in time for catering. On tour it wasn’t called lunch or dinner, it was called catering. I walked inside to the school like cafeteria and looked at what they had to offer, I decided on macaroni and cheese and grabbed a bottle of water. I also took a cookie from the sweets tray and sat down, it was like being back at high school in a way. All the stage crew sat together, all the managers sat together and the reject kids aka me, sat alone. Just as I had finished my first mouthful of pasta I saw a shadow descend over my food, I looked up and it was Alex.

“You thought I would forget didn’t you?” How did he know? I just thought he was busy and to be honest I wouldn’t blame him if he did forget.

“I just thought you would get tied up somewhere.” I took a sip from my water and watched as Alex say down.

“No, nothing much happens on days where we prepare to go on the road again. All we have to doo is get ourselves on the bus on time.” He laughed which made me smile, it was very cute.

“Do you know where we’re going next?” Alex asked after a brief silence, I didn’t know what to say to him but wanted to talk to him so I’m glad he asked a question.

“Chicago,” I replied with a huge beam on my face, Chicago meant friends and family, which meant Pete which would probably mean more bullying, oh dear. Alex must have be a psychic because he must have read my mind by what he said next.

“Are you worried about Pete?” I just nodded lightly and ate my food, while Pete was there no one would say a word because he is people’s ticket to jobs. It’s when he would no longer be there that the taunting would start, you would think most grown men would be over that stage by now but obviously not. Maybe that’s why they’re stuck backstage doing menial jobs.

“A little, it would be great to see him but everyone seems to rip me about it already,” I said sadly looking at my food. I suddenly wasn’t hungry anymore

“Listen if anyone ever gives you anymore cap just come to me or one of the guys if you can’t get hold of me. I mean it we are all here for you.” I smiled and was grateful that I now had at least someone to talk to.

“Hey Alex hope I’m not interrupting your little nerd fest” It was a member of the crew, I sighed and looked down again.

“Aren’t you a bit old for taunts?” Alex said more then asked and glanced over at me, I was looking at the crew member now.

“That hurts Alexander that hurts, I was just asking what you were up to? A little bit of dungeons and dragons? Or swapping Pokémon cards? That’s what you nerds do right?” I gasped, I didn’t mean for this to happen, I didn’t want Alex to get bullied too cause he hung out with me, that wasn’t fair at all.

“Oh just leave him alone what has he ever done to you?” I felt a bit shocked at my outburst, it was the first time I had properly stood up for myself and it felt great.

“Cocky bitch,” was all he said and left, not without snarling and me and Alex.

“Alex...” I started but it was like he knew what I was going to say and hushed me.

“Want to go meet the others?” I shrugged and stood up with Alex, like he would give me a choice anyway, I was starting to figure this boy out even though I hadn’t known him very long I was starting to pick up his personality traits. We walked side by side Alex with his hands in his pockets mine by my side. We stopped at a big black and silver bus, the door was open so we both walked right in.

“Guys this is Louisa, do you mind if she hangs with us?” Alex asked politely as he asked the band who were all sitting around doing nothing it looked like. One stood up, I recognised him as Jack right away.

“You work on merch right?” He asked embracing me, I hugged back on tiptoes. It was lucky I was used to random tall band members giving me a hug when they first meet me. Mentioning no names, Gabe Saporta.

“Yeah, you’re in the band right?” I mimicked only to hear everyone roll in to laughter.

“I like you, you can hang with us anytime!” Another one stood up and hugged me, Rian. I smiled, I think I’m finally starting to fit in here.
♠ ♠ ♠
I haven't had much feedback on this, positive or negative I don't mind =] suscriptions are nice too. Im starting to think this isnt worth it