‹ Prequel: Looking For a Lifeline

Hollywood ***

Carnival of Sins

Melody’s POV

“Belle Mel,” James called as he got up.

I immediately flushed the toilet and wiped my mouth, reaching for the mouth wash. His footsteps got louder and I rushed to finish brushing my teeth. Yes, James was staying with me and my dad. Every since the incident last night, he almost went on this murderous rampage so I had to make him stay with him. That way, I knew he didn’t murder someone and I could make sure he was back to normal. It was really scary seeing him mad just because he’s such a calm person. He’s so relaxed and laid back but getting him mad is a death wish.

But I knew his reasoning behind this temper tantrum. It was obvious and I knew he wanted to kill anyone who said that to me. Yet, I can’t help it.

“What were you doing,” he asked when I closed the bathroom door behind me.

“Nothing,” I replied, “Potty needs.”

James didn’t say anything but something in my gut told me he was skeptical about that reason. Yet, he didn’t push the envelope. That something I love about him: he doesn’t push me into talking about anything until we both know I’m ready to talk about it.

“What do you want for breakfast,” I asked, trying to get his mind off the topic of whatever I could be doing in the bathroom.

His dark brown eyes lit up as he said, “I want waffles! Mel, I want waffles.”

“Alright,” I laughed, grabbing his hand and pulling him down the stairs, “We’ll make waffles.”

Down in kitchen, my dad was already at the table, reading the paper. We had a Siberian Husky, Rhapsody, which would get the paper for him in the morning, making it easier for him. Yeah, it took so fucking long to train Rhapsody to get the paper but it was worth it. Now my dad could read the paper without complaining about getting it.

“Morning Dad,” I said, giving him a quick hug.

“Morning Mel. Morning James,” he greeted, turning the page of his paper.

“I’m going to make waffles, you want some,” I asked.

“Yes, if you don’t mind.”

“Okay, waffles I make,” I said, grabbing some stuff from the pantry.

For the first half of the day, I was going to be working with Avenged Sevenfold and the second half, James would be coming with me to go house hunting. Actually, I was going to show him the house that I was seriously considering about making an offer on. I needed advice and who better to go to for advice than James?

“You coming,” I asked as I saw James getting into the passenger side of the Lamborghini.

Tommy hid all the keys to my mustang and my other cars, leaving me to drive the Lamborghini which I was not happy about. It’s a nice gift in all but a bit too flashy for me. I still find it shocking that for my graduation present, I was given a custom Lamborghini Murciélago and that was three years ago. Then again, Vince own a couple of Ferraris, Tommy had Porsches, my dad drove a Mercedes when he could, and Nikki drove a Bentley. I guess it was inevitable that I get a Lambo considering that was the usual gift to the Crue kids: cars. Anyway, Tommy told me that I’d get my keys back in a couple of days. Either way, I was beginning to miss the mustang.

“Yup,” was James’ response and I had a feeling on why he insisted on coming with me to the studio.

I just rolled my eyes as I got in the driver’s side, placing the key in the ignition and turning it. Luckily for me, I had a JVC El Kameleon installed in here as well so that was a good thing. Immediately, the Rolling Stones’ Jumpin’ Jack Flash started playing. James just held my hand as he glanced at me, making funny faces to amuse me.

“Stop,” I whined, “You are distracting me.”

“Do I amuse you?”

“You have no idea,” I admitted, “It’s like having my own version of Comedy Central with me at all times.”

James laughed as I pulled into my usual parking space. It felt strange driving the Lambo just because I was used to driving with the top down but I can’t do that with this car. It made me sad. Oh well, I’ll get used to it and then Tommy will give me back my keys then life will be good.

Brian was standing outside, leaning up against the wall with a cigarette between his lips. He looked so out of it and lost that I figured I should probably say something. James looked at me but understood that I should probably do this alone so he walked inside, carrying my bag as well.

“You okay,” I asked, walking up to him.

“So you know how I told Michelle to leave so that she wouldn’t get into more trouble with your friends,” he asked back.

I nodded as I pulled out my pack of cigarettes from my back pocket and my lighter. After lighting it, I placed it between my lips and waiting for him to continue.

“Well, I came home and I found Michelle fucking some other guy.”

My jaw almost dropped when he said that. Instantly, I felt bad for him so I opened my arms and asked, “Hug?”

He smiled as he hugged me, “Mel hugs make me feel better.”

“Good ‘cause I don’t want to have a sad friend.”

Brian’s POV

Same old Melody. Even if she hasn’t been in my life in eleven years, she’s still that same person underneath all the changes. Although, I’ll admit those changes made her into a drop-dead gorgeous girl.

I look at Melody Romanov and I can still see those infamous icy blue eyes, that mischievous smile, and that same look that she’d give me when she knows I’m going to do something stupid. I can still hear that faint laughter in her voice whenever she’s trying to not laugh at something. It’s funny now because she looks so different and yet I could point out all the things that I remember.

Sometimes it’s weird because after all these things I could pin point and remember, there are so many different things she does. I don’t remember Melody knowing how to play the guitar but she does. Then again, her father is Mick Mars. She also knows how to drive stick shift and last time I checked, when she was still living next door, she didn’t even know how to drive. It’s funny seeing how much eleven years changed Melody.

“When did you get your nose pierced,” I asked as we walked back into the studio.

“Um, when I was twenty,” she replied, “I felt like being strange and decided to pierce my nose for my birthday.”

“What did you do for your eighteenth?”

“I got the fleur-de-lis on my wrists and you can tell it moved on from that.”

I laughed because it started with two little things on her wrists and now she’s totally inked. Which might I add, makes her look hot.

“What does it say on your arm,” I asked as she sat down in her usual chair and got to work.

She looked at her arm and smirked. “You can’t quit until you try. You can’t live until you die.
You can’t learn to tell the truth, until you learn to lie. You can’t breathe until you choke.
You gotta laugh when you’re the joke. There’s nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive.”

“Those are Sixx: AM lyrics,” Val said, realizing where they were from.

“Yup,” Mel answered, “I just happen to like them so much that I felt like tattooing them onto my arm. Besides, it was like totally bare and it drove me insane. Now I feel happy.”

James was working with Fred with recording Matt’s vocals, which was cool. Yet, I had a feeling that there was a reason, aside from just wanting to come, that James came along with Melody. That feeling also told me that it had something to do with my ex-girlfriend said to her.

Yes, I finally broke up with Michelle and life’s never been better. She moved out of my house and it feels so good not having her bossing me around there.

“Hey, I’m heading to a bar,” I announced after a day of recording, “Anyone want to come?”

I felt like getting wasted tonight and we didn’t have to go in tomorrow so it was the perfect day to go drinking. Besides, we finished around two so that was plenty of time to go bar hopping.

“Sorry,” Mel said as she got into her Lambo, “I have some other work that needs to be done.”

James just shrugged as he got into the passenger side. Jimmy and Leana were busy as was everyone else. Val and Matt were going to do some wedding planning so I was going on my own. I didn’t mind, I was expecting it.

I got into my BMW and followed Melody out of the parking lot. I’ll admit that I was surprised to see how well she actually drove a car like that. She turned left and I was turning right but then again, she wasn’t living in Huntington Beach yet; Melody still was living in Los Angeles at her dad’s house. So I guess she had an hour of driving ahead of her before she could get home. I knew she was going with James to check out this house she was thinking about putting an offer on.

Personally, I thought it was going to be cool having Melody back in Huntington Beach. I wouldn’t have to drive to Los Angeles to visit her and feel awkward because I was going to be in the presence of Mick Mars or whoever is at the house. Now that I think about it, I haven’t been to her father’s house which saves me the trouble of feeling awkward and freaked out that she lives with the guitarist of Motley Crue.

After a few hours of just hanging around at my house and feeding Pinkly, I decided that it was now time to go to a bar. After parking and whatnot, I walked into the bar. There were several girls around which was cool. There was one that caught my eye. Blond hair, tanned skin, and dark brown eyes. She looked a little bit like Melody but she was different. She had this tight black tank top that hugged her fake breasts. Either way, she looked good.

She smiled at me and I smiled back as I turned to the bartender to order some JD. After a few minutes, I heard someone walk up next to me.

“Hey.”

I looked and saw the girl there. Damn, she has a nice figure for some reason, she reminded me of Melody. Maybe it’s because they were both blonde.

“Hey, back,” I replied, taking a sip of my drink.

“What’s a hot guy like you doing all by yourself,” she asked.

“Friends were busy and I felt like going to a bar,” I answered, “I’m-”

“Synyster Gates,” she said, cutting me off, “You’re in Avenged Sevenfold and I totally dig you guys.”

“Awesome,” I smiled, “And you are?”

“I’m Kaytee,” she answered, “Kaytee Amber.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Since I got some people wondering who Josie is, there here. She's the dancer for Motley Crue and has been friends with the guys for years. Additionally, I think she's awesome.