‹ Prequel: Looking For a Lifeline

Hollywood ***

Diamonds Cut Through The Heart

Melody’s POV

“’Kaytee Amber Romanov, slut, stripper, and gold-digger’,” James read the title as he looked at the blog I posted on the Motley Crue MySpace and site, the Sixx: AM MySpace and site, and my own personal MySpace and site.

Yes, I had my own website. For some reason, DJ Ashba was in his random mode and decided to make me a website. I mainly use it for showcasing my photos from traveling and for other random stuff. This is what I get for having weird friends.

Not only did I take to the internet, I got some help from both Jacoby Shaddix and Tommy Lee. Jacoby had an interview today on a radio station so I can only image the damage he’d be able to inflict while Tommy, well, whatever he does, I’ll be quite happy. He was unpredictable but considering his popularity, I knew a lot of people would be listening. Hell, Vince was working with me in Las Vegas and Kat was having a blast doing the same in her neck of the California neighborhood.

James laughed as he read the blog, realizing how vicious I was getting. “That is why I never get you mad, Belle Mel,” he said, “You go for the psychological blow when you seek revenge.”

“Of course,” I said as I painted my nails black, “It will last longer.”

“Considering she’s your half-sister, you should be able to have a shit load of ammo on her,” James muttered.

“I know anything she’ll say about me but it won’t matter because I’ll come back at her with worst shit.”

“You are violent.”

I looked over his shoulder and started to read that lovely rant that I wrote. This rant was only the beginning to me destroying Kaytee’s life.

Kaytee Amber Romanov, slut, stripper, and gold-digger. You’d think that being my half-sister she’d have something in that skull of her’s but apparently, not. I think she has an empty hamster wheel instead of a brain. She doesn’t even having a fucking hamster running around in her skull! Nope, it’s just wasted space.

Not only am I feeling the uncontrollable need to rip her into tiny shreds every single time I’m around this poor excuse for a human, I have to deal with the fact that my own blood strips for a living. I mean, seriously, this is the girl whose mother used the child support MY father, MICK MARS, paid for her to go to a fucking PRIVATE school. Honestly, does she have some brains in her school? Oh wait, this is the girl who her MALE teachers a fucking LAP DANCE so that she would pass her classes!

Guess what else she did when she was in school! She fucking slept with the freaking security guard so that she could get away with all the parking shit.

And to think this is MY blood.

What else could I say about Kaytee Amber Romanov? Well, the fact that she begged ME to pay off some dealers AND her rent is pretty bad. I mean, come on, seriously? You had to ask the person whose life you made HELL when we were growing up. You, Mother, and Jonathan made my life a living Hell every single fucking day until I finally left to live with my father. You expected me to help YOU out?

You were lucky that I was feeling merciful that day.

Oh what about that high-stakes poker game……I had to bail her out. The idiot was about $50,000 in the hole and I had to come in and help her out. Lucky for her is that no limit is my forte. The memory makes me smile because for I remember the look on the others’ faces when the cards were revealed. You’d think a full house that consisted of three sixes and two aces was good but not against a straight flush and one in my favorite suit too: spades. The four, five, six, seven, and eight of spades was my winning hand.

It also makes me happy because I won half a million on that game. Yes, my stupid sister was playing with real money and she was even more of an idiot to play because there was no way in Hell that she could begin to pay it if she lost.

There’s a reason it was called a “high-stakes” game.

Just to throw some salt in that wound, I decided to donate all that money to charity right in front of Kaytee’s face.

Honestly, I pity her newestvictim boyfriend: lead guitarist in Avenged Sevenfold, Synyster Gates. As I stated earlier, Kaytee is a gold-digger. She left her last boyfriend flat broke. She nearly caused one of my friends to go bankrupt until I stepped in. I rather save a friend instead of that side of my family. After all that I’ve been through, there was no way in Hell that I’d be merciful to them twice in my lifetime.

I could go on and on but this rant might turn to be as big as a book and I don’t want my readers getting bored. So Kaytee Amber Romanov…….biggest embarrassment to me.

You know my name,

River Romanov


“I love how you sign off,” James smirked as he spun around on his chair to look at me, “A little tribute to one of your favorite movies?”

“But of course,” I smirked, grabbing my jacket and tossing it over my shoulder, “I’m going to go wander and get lost for the day. I might buy a piano.”

“Alright, Belle Mel,” he replied, “I’m going to go see Josie for a bit.”

“Tell her hi for me.”

A smile formed on my thin lips as I looked at the picture I had just taken on my camera’s screen. I decided to hang out on the beach and take some pictures. Today was one of those random days where I felt like being a photographer and having some fun. Photography was a little hobby that I picked up from Nikki. He takes amazing pictures and I love his work.

Lacrimosa was with me as well because I didn’t want to leave him alone in my house. James was heading to Los Angeles to visit Josie so of course, there would be no one in my home. My dog was practically like my child so I would not leave him on his own.

“What do you think, Lacrimosa,” I asked, showing the little screen to my dog.

He barked and wagged his little tail, causing me to smile. I rubbed his ears and sat on the sandy beach. My sunglasses were resting in my hair so I pulled them down to cover my eyes. I looked at my watch and saw that it was about one so I figured now would be an excellent time for lunch.

My heart pounded as I saw Brian’s BMW drive by. Luckily, he didn’t see me. I’ve been avoiding him for some time now. After talking with my father and James, I knew what I have been feeling all this time. Me missing him was only the tip of the iceberg. I loved him. I always have. I remember the jealously that coursed through my veins every time I saw him with another girl. It nearly tore me to shreds but I let it go. I figured that as long as he was happy, then I would be happy.

But seeing him with Kaytee? My own sister? That was too much for me. To think that my whore of a sister made him happy just ruined me. I felt miserable. Me almost killing myself that day was a manifestation of my insanity that I had built up after losing Alessandra but also me being torn apart when I saw Brian with Kaytee.

He was the only one that could have gotten me to come down from that roof. Not James. Not Jacoby. Brian. I was in love with the damn fool.

No, I was a damn fool for letting this happen. I should have stayed and maybe I could have been the one on his arm, the one who makes him smile.

Instead, I ran off and disappeared for eleven years.

Smart move, Melody, very smart move.

Brian’s POV

“I can’t believe it,” Kaytee screamed as she read the rant that Melody had written, “That bitch!”

I guess there was a reason why you should never cross a Romanov, especially one who had the blood of Mick Mars flowing through her veins. Not only did she post a public blog on the internet, Jacoby Shaddix helped out by dissing Kaytee and saying that she was the source of the idea of Hollywood Whore. Even Tommy Lee was going around, telling everyone about what a slut Kaytee was.

I remember something that Melody said long ago. She rather goes for the psychological blow when it comes to revenge. It was more long lasting.

Damage to the ego was harsh but I guess the years have changed Melody into someone like that.

The comments were flowing as more and more people read Melody’s blog. It seems like she had a following but I didn’t expect it to be this much. There were people posting her blog to their friends and it was going on and on. I guess Melody knew the effect of what this would have and she probably was sitting in a chair, laughing her ass off.

The thing that surprised me the most was all the baggage Kaytee had. She had gotten in trouble more times than I could count and each time, Melody was merciful enough to bail her out. Money troubles, being a whore, and being a gold-digger. I don’t think I could handle that.

Was I willing to accept it?

No, I wasn’t. I wanted to be with the one girl who was my best friend. I wanted Melody. She was the girl of my dreams and no one else could compare to her. She was perfect in my eyes. Not Kaytee and not Michelle. I wanted Melody River Romanov. Melody was beyond beautiful. She was the epitome of perfect beauty. It was as if she was the reincarnation of Helen of Troy, the face that launched a thousand ships.

Yes, Melody was that perfect to me.

I wanted her, to have her, to be with her. Yet, she was unattainable due to the simple mystery of whether or not James and her was an item. James Michael had what I wanted and it tore me to pieces.

“I’m going to head out for a bit,” I said, grabbing my fedora, “You want to come?”

“People are out there and they will just insult me,” Kaytee screamed, “I’m staying here!”

“Okay,” I called, walking out the front door, “Have fun, Kaytee.”

Arm yourself because no one else here will save you
The odds will betray you
And I will replace you
You can't deny the prize it may never fulfill you
It longs to kill you
Are you willing to die?
The coldest blood runs through my veins
You know my name


I looked up when I heard that ringtone. I knew it from one person and one person. About ten feet in front of me was Melody who was standing there, pulling out a cell phone from her bag. That song was coming from her iphone which she was staring at, confused. A quick glance at it and she pressed the ignore button, returning it into her bag.

“Melody,” I called, jogging to catch up to her.

Mel turned around and looked at me; a surprised look was upon her face. She was wearing a pair of short shorts, flip flops, and a button up shirt that she left open, revealing that she had a bikini top on. Her blonde hair was pulled up into a messy ponytail, leaving it out of her pretty face. Around her neck was a camera, a Nikon to be exact, and on her shoulder was a Volcom purse. Lacrimosa was sitting next to her, his dark eyes staring straight at me.

“Oh, hey Brian,” Mel said, smiling.

“What are you doing,” I asked.

“Eh, wandering and taking some pictures. I’m in my photography mood,” Melody said, resting her hand on her dog’s head, “You?”

“Felt like getting out of the house,” I replied.

“Did Kaytee like that little blog I posted,” she asked with a twisted grin plastered on her face.

I chuckled and smiled when I saw that it made her happy. “Not really but I guess she deserved it,” I answered.

“Well, she’s in for a rude awakening because I’m not stopping there.”

“I was about to say that I didn’t think you’d end it there.”

“Nope,” Melody grinned, “Not at all.”

We ended up going to Panda Express for lunch. Same old Melody, always ordering the same thing. At least she was consistent. Chow Mein mixed with fried rice, beef and broccoli, some cheese wontons, and a medium Mountain Dew. Just like old times, too. Me, trying to figure out what in the name of Hell I wanted and Melody already at the table, eating because she always ordered the same thing. Eventually, I ordered steamed rice, orange chicken, sweat and sour chicken, some egg rolls, and a medium Pepsi.

“Same old, Melody,” I joked as I sat down at our table.

“Hey, I’m hungry,” Melody replied, taking a bite of a wonton.

“That’s what I loved about you, Mel. You’ll eat without giving a second thought about what you’re eating.”

Did I just say that I loved her right in front of her? I think I just did. After glimpsing at her, I felt relieved because she didn’t notice. She was too consumed with her food. That’s one good thing about this whole situation. When Melody was hungry, she becomes one-tracked and will focus only on her food.

“You really are hungry, aren’t you,” I joked.

She glared at me, sipping her drink. I saw on seven spades tattooed onto her wrist and on the other wrist, there were seven diamonds. That’s when I remembered from her little rant that she was a poker player and a damn good one from what happened to Kaytee.

“Hey, Mel, do you want to go to the beach,” I asked, looking out the window, “It’s a nice day.”

She rubbed the back of her neck and just shrugged, “Alright.”

“Damnit Brian,” Melody laughed as I playfully shoved her to the ground.

I grinned as she got up and tackled me to the ground. Honestly, I was surprised at how she was able to tackle me just like that but then again, I saw her pin James to the ground and he was practically twice her size. It was obvious that living with Motley Crue and being raised by her dad was the best thing that’s ever happened to Melody. She’s stronger, both mentally and physically.

“Oh, now you’re getting it,” I said, tossing her over my shoulder and running into the waters.

She screamed as I dropped her when it was deep enough, obviously not happy. When Melody resurfaced, she instantly grabbed me by my now soaking wet shirt and pulled me down into the water as well. By the time I resurfaced, Melody was already on the beach, laughing at me. She was doubling over, pointing, as she was just amused at the sight of me wet.

“Hey, that wasn’t cool,” I fake-pouted.

“Too bad, Haner,” she called back, “You started it!”

That’s when I trudged through the waves so I could get to Melody who was still laughing at me. She didn’t realize what I was doing until I had tackled her to the sandy ground, causing her to stare at me in shock. She glared at me but stopped when I started tickling her.

“Stop, Brian, please,” Melody said between fits of laughter, “Not cool!”

I couldn’t help myself. Melody was distracted and I couldn’t help myself. My hand found its place at the side of her face and I pressed my lips on her’s. For a second, she tensed up from the shock but soon, her arms wrapped themselves around my neck. Melody was kissing me back as if she wanted this as much as I did.

Just as quickly as it came, it ended when Melody pulled away. She instantly pulled herself from underneath me. Sitting up, Melody ran a hand down her face. I sat up and looked at her, trying to understand her. I thought she wanted this like I did.

“Melody-”

“Brian, I can’t,” she muttered, “I can’t. Not now. This is a mistake.”

“Mel, are you serious,” I asked, reaching out to her.

Instantly, she moved away from me, shaking her head. “Brian, I can’t deal with this. This never happened.”

“Are you scared James will get mad,” I questioned, remembering the mystery of what her relation with her ex-husband was, “Does he still hold a candle to your heart?”

Melody glared at me and said, “You’re the one kissing another girl when you are dating someone, Brian. This was a mistake that will never be spoken ever again.”

With that, she got up and ran. Melody River Romanov ran away from me, just like before. This time, I was aware of this. Spades and clubs couldn’t do anything to a heart but a diamond can cut through one. A diamond could cut through the heart and make it bleed, just like Melody just did to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I had little references in this part to one of my favorite movies. Its also Melody's favorite movie. If anyone can guess what that movie is, you will be one of the people who gets to help me with something to the ending of this story.

To be fair, you can ask me one question and I'll answer it if its not too precise