‹ Prequel: Looking For a Lifeline

Hollywood ***

A Glimpse of her Wedding

Still Melody’s POV

My eyes just lit up as I saw one of my friends, Neil Wharton, sitting there with a couple of our friends, including my step-brother Paul (short for Les Paul) and my step-sister, Stormy. Paul’s older than me by a lot but we’re still close. Stormy and I were pretty close and we considering each other sisters and not step-sisters. Same with my relationship with Paul. None of us referred to each other as “step-siblings”. It was like the return of the Motley Crue kids. I mean, Neil is Vince’s son and Paul and Stormy were my step-siblings. None of Nikki’s or Tommy’s kids were around because Nikki’s oldest is only seventeen while Tommy’s oldest is ten. Yup, we were the oldest of the Crue kids. Paul being thirty-eight, Stormy being thirty-five, and Neil being twenty-nine and I’m twenty-seven.

“Melody Romanov,” Stormy called as she gave me a hug.

“Stormy Deal,” I mimicked, returning the hug.

“Hey, Mel,” Paul said, also giving me a hug, “How’s it been?”

Neil, Paul, and Stormy were on Cruefest for a little bit but had to leave due to work. Paul worked in designing guitars while Stormy had her fashion line. Neil did music, like his dad, but just dabbled in it. Otherwise, he owned his own bar and sometimes worked in his dad’s tattoo shop.

“Who are your friends,” Neil asked, looking over to everyone who was setting up our area while watching us.

“A couple high school friends and a fellow engineer,” I replied, “You want to meet them?”

“Duh,” Paul said, “I want to see what kind of friends my sister had when you were younger.”

I jumped onto Neil’s back as we all walked towards everyone. Val raised an eyebrow as I got off Neil’s back and said, “Okay, so apparently today was a good day to go the beach because I got family that decided to go to the beach along with good friends.”

“Introductions are needed,” Jimmy yelled.

We all laughed as I started those. “Okay, this is my brother and sister, Paul and Stormy, and one of my really good friends, Neil Wharton, aka Vince Neil’s son. Guys and Stormy, these are some of high school friends. That’s Jimmy, Johnny, Zacky, Brian, Matt, Liz, Leana, Val, and Michelle. And that’s Fred-Fred Burger,” I said, pointing to each one.

“I didn’t know you had a brother and a sister,” Liz said, shaking hands with Paul.

“We’re actually her step-siblings but we’re all pretty close,” Paul explained.

“Yup,” Stormy replied, “And it’s awesome having a sister who will gang-up with me against Les Paul.”

“That’s a guitar company,” Michelle snorted.

“Blame my dad,” Paul muttered.

Yeah, it was a question that we wondered about it. Then our dad was a guy who preferred to call himself “Mick Mars” instead of his actual name. Oh well, whatever floats his boat.

“Hey, it’s better than Melody’s nickname for me,” Neil retorted.

That’s when Paul, Stormy, and I started laughing while Neil pouted. I gave everyone a nickname and sometimes, they turned out strange. Hell, look at what I call Fred but at least it works.

“What does she call you,” Leana asked.

“Nope,” Neil said, crossing his arms as I got off his back, “I’m not going to humor her.”

I just picked at my nails, smiling. Neil knew I wouldn’t say my favorite nickname for him, besides, that was awhile ago. Besides, we’ve known each other since we were in diapers and I wouldn’t embarrass him like that. Hell, he can embarrass me just as bad if I told everyone what my nickname for him was.

“Hey, it’s getting late,” Paul said, walking towards us, “I’m going to head out.”

“Yeah, same here,” Stormy replied, grabbing her bags, “I’ll see you around, Mel.”

“Later,” I replied, waving good-bye to my siblings and Neil as they got into their cars.

They had work tomorrow. Paul had to go design more guitars at the company he worked for while Stormy had to work on more ideas for 1313 Clothing. Neil had to open his bar in time tonight so he had to leave now. They all had things to do tomorrow while I was off. I probably was going to hang around Kat’s shop or go shopping. Depends on what I feel like.

The sun was just setting over the ocean, giving it a calming look. I loved watching the sunset; it always seemed to make me feel better. Instead of being relaxed, Liz poked my shoulder, grinning, “Guess what we’re doing tonight?”

“Watching some of the strange movies friends made,” I answered.

“Yup,” Jimmy called, “To the Sullivan home!”

Brian’s POV

We all gathered at Jimmy’s house after stopping off at our houses to change. Melody was already at the house because she gave Jimmy and Leana a ride and she also had her clothes there. As we got in, Michelle and I headed straight for the basement where Jimmy had an awesome entertainment system set up.

Melody was already down there as was Leana who was making popcorn. Mel was going through the CD case that she kept all her DVDs in. She was wearing a tank top and her jeans again. Her blonde hair was up in a messy bun, keeping it out of herpretty face.

“Hey, Brian,” Jimmy said, greeting me.

He didn’t bother and say hi to Michelle because they hated each other. Michelle, on the other hand, just glared at Jimmy who rolled his eyes. Matt and Val were already here as Zacky, Liz, and Fred. All we had to wait for was Johnny and Lacey but they were usually late; it was to be expected.

“Hey, man,” I greeted back, “Hey Mel.”

“Hi, Brian,” Mel said, pulling out a DVD and reading it, “Oh James and me at a music store being weird. This is pretty funny.”

“Dude, what were you thinking,” Lacey asked as we watched Melody climbing out of the box that she had decided to go sledding in with Tommy Lee’s kids.

“No clue, “Mel admitted, “But it was so much fucking fun!”

The next clip went to James and Melody, sitting around in a music store. It must have been a couple years ago because she looked younger and her wedding ring was on her finger instead of on a chain around her neck. James was playing a random tune on a guitar while Melody was playing with bongo drums, being absolutely random. Out of the blue, they both stopped and started doing random dances while singing something about coconuts. Suddenly, Melody leaned up into the camera lens and whispered, “I hear muffins in my head.”

James started laughing as she accidently ran into a wall. The DVD ended and Melody got up to change it. Leana and Liz where laughing their asses off as they replayed that last clip in their heads.

“What the Hell where you guys thinking,” I asked, trying not to laugh, “You both looked drunk.”

“We wanted to be strange,” Mel said, pulling out a new DVD, “Oh, here’s the clips from my wedding!”

“Play it,” Val yelled.

“You sounded like a caveman,” Michelle sneered.

Everyone glared at Michelle except for Melody who was putting the DVD in the player, avoiding the whole thing. Same old Melody River Romanov. That’s one thing I will always remember about her: she always avoided confrontation. After all these years, she’s still like that. I mean, appearance wise, Melody’s still the same but I guess her attitude and the way she acts is the same.

“One of my friends works with her father making music videos so she made this whole wedding into a movie sort of deal,” Melody explained before she pressed play.

“Really,” Lacey asked, “Who?”

“My friend Crystal. She loves making movies,” she answered, pressing play.

We were all instantly quiet and the DVD started. It went to Melody and James, sitting around in what looked like a studio. It was black and white and for some reason, I liked it that way.

“So why are you interviewing us,” the on-screen Melody asked.

“Because,” a voice behind the camera answered, “We want to hear your ideas of your wedding. We even got some of the stuff from when you two were getting ready and shit.”

“Alright,” James said, “I can watch myself stress again and see what Belle Mel did as well.”

“Oh, this will be great to watch,” Melody said sarcastically.

The scene shifted to James with his groom’s men, which included Nikki Sixx and some other people I didn’t recognize. He looked stressed as he tied his tie, muttering something under his breath. James looked at the camera and yelled, “Leave me the fuck alone!”

We all laughed as the scene shifted again and this time it was Melody with her bride’s maids. Kat Von D was there as were Josie and some other people. She was sitting in front of a mirror as she was getting her hair fixed as she sighed, trying to calm herself down. Her dress was on as well but we didn’t get a good look at it. Now we got a good glimpse of her friend Crystal. She had light brown hair and dark eyes with pale skin. From the scene, she looked shorter than Melody but she had a ring around her finger, signifying that she was married.

“McConnell, I’m going to kill you if you keep filming,” Melody yelled, grabbing a bush to throw.

“Sheesh, you and James are alike,” Crystal muttered.

Again, it cut to another scene and this time with was James and Melody sitting in the studio, laughing. “Jeesum, we were violent,” Melody laughed, “And you’re normally so calm, James.”

“Weddings are stressful,” James replied, wrapping his arm around Melody’s shoulder.

The scene changed and this time, the two of them were standing by a lake. Each one of them, holding hands as the priest said the vows they had written. James was wearing a black pin-stripe suit, even his tie was pinstripe. Melody, on the other hand, wore this stunning dress with the straps hanging from her shoulders. Her veil stayed in place by a silver tiara resting in her blonde hair.Either way, Melody looked beautiful

Her father, Mick Mars, looked he was about to start crying as Vince and his wife, Lia, held each other, crying with joy. Tommy and Pamela Anderson looked so happy as Nikki tried being the tough guy and not cry as well. It was funny seeing the guys of Motley Crue like this. Melody’s friends were all chewing on their lower lips, trying to stop the tears from flowing.

James and Melody kissed and I felt something turn in my stomach. I guess I was jealous seeing her kiss him but then again, she now was divorced and dating someone else.

It changed again and showed the reception outside. I guess the two were really big on having the whole thing outside.

“What was the whole theme of your wedding,” Liz asked, “Because it looks like you guys were centered around something judging from your decorations.”

She was right. Seeing how they had everything decorated, there had to be a theme. I mean there were skulls on the tables as center pieces.

“We wanted a The Nightmare Before Christmas theme,” Mel responded and we all returned to watching it, “But we picked the song that we danced to as a married couple as the Ice Dance from Edward Scissorhands. And something totally ironic happened when we were dancing.”

As she said that, the on-screen James and Melody walked onto the dance floor. He placed a hand on her waist and she place a hand on his shoulder, the other hands joined. At that moment, the Ice Dance music from that movie started playing. They started dancing and after a few minutes, Melody pulled away. She reached to take something away from James’ hair and when she looked at it, she instantly looked at the sky.

“What are you doing,” Josie hissed.

Melody turned and smiled, pointing at the sky and sure enough, it was snowing. James started laughing as Melody kept looking at the sky.

“Told you that it was ironic,” Melody said as she pressed the stop button.

“Snow started falling when you two were dancing to the same song Winona Ryder danced to when Edward was making an ice sculpture,” Matt said, remembering the part in the movie.

“Yup.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I had way too much fun writing this....