Will It Be Forever

Part Ten- Nice Night, Weird Day

Matt had been the perfect gentleman the whole night. AJ smiled at him from across the table as she dug her fork into the piece of cake on the plate in front of her. He had taken her to a night German restaurant and the night was ending with a perfect piece of German chocolate cake. She took a bite out of it and then sipped on her tea. She put her fork down and looked at him. “How in the world did you know that German food was my favorite?” She asked with a small smile.

He grinned a bit as he finished his own desert. “A little birdie told me,” he answered honestly. Addeline watched him for a moment wondering if there was more to that than what he was letting on. She sucked in a deep breath and raised a small eyebrow.

“A little birdie?” She asked and leaned forward onto the table. He shook his head and it was his turn to laugh.

He rubbed his cheek for a moment before leaning back into his chair. “I think all the German booze in your bar gave it away,” he said. He picked up his fork and went to take a piece of her cake. AJ’s jaw dropped and she slapped his hand playfully.

“That’s mine thank you very much,” she told him.

“I’m paying for it.” AJ stuck her tongue out at him and he smiled before taking the bite. He leaned back away from her swatting hand. “I had a nice time tonight,” he told her. AJ smile at him. It sounded like he was telling the truth but why would that be something to lie about? His face certainly wasn’t giving away anything but… She shook her head. Now wasn’t the time to think about such things.

“Wanna get out of here?” She asked him and he nodded. Together, they got up from the table and Matt paid for their food. He extended his arm out to her and AJ took it. She smiled a bit and they walked out of the restaurant. Matt took her home, while they talked about more things ranging from the newest bands and business with the bar, though she didn’t tell him about her little dilemma, and she found out that they had more in common. AJ knew that the agreement with Brian was to get him to sing again but she didn’t think that he was ready just yet.

And she had two weeks to get it done. Would it be even possible? She wasn’t sure but… She had to try or everything she ever had in her life would be gone.

He pulled his SUV along the side of the sidewalk of her apartment building and he turned off the car, getting out to open the door for her. AJ smiled at him and got out. “Thank you,” she told him and he closed the door behind her. He walked her up to the steps of her apartment and they lingered there for a moment. AJ had never felt so awkward before. Her eyes trailed down from his face to his built and inked arms. She was such a horrible person. “Tonight was fun.”

Matt nodded. “I had a good time,” he agreed as he stuck his hands in his pockets. AJ wanted to ask him if he wanted to come up. She wasn’t so sure if it was the right time to ask but… Oh what the hell…

“Do you want to come up?” She asked making a motion to the door behind her.

Matt shook his head. “I don’t think it’s the right time,” he told her. Oh what a gentleman. She gave him and nodded, making the notion that she understood. She gave him a small smile. “But…” He started as he took a step closer. “I wouldn’t mind doing this…” They both leaned in at the same time and their foreheads met.

AJ pulled back. “OW,” she said as she rubbed her forehead. She laughed a bit and then brought up her own hand and touched the side of his face. She leaned up and their lips met. The feelings of electricity surged through her. She was about to pull back when she felt a big arm wrap around her waist and pull her closer. Matt deepened the kiss and AJ melted against him. She broke the kiss for some air but he brought her back into it. Her hands went through his hair, keeping him close.

It seemed like the both of them needed something like this. Oh God… She moaned against the kiss and her hands trailed down, gripping onto his shirt as Matt slipped in some tongue. He pulled back this time. “I should go,” he said in a low voice and then they kissed again.

“Thought you were going,” AJ said against his lips. Matt chuckled and then nodded.

“Good night,” he told her and they kissed again. AJ smiled at him.

“Good night.”

-Time relapse-

AJ was just wiping down the counter and the bar top when she heard the door open. She looked up to see Brian there. Letting out a small groan, she put a hand on her hip and rolled her eyes. “I should really start locking the door,” she said. Brian flashed a smile. Was he ever going to leave her alone? She doubted that. She shook her head and went back to cleaning up the bar counter.

“So I take it that you’re second date went better than the first…” He started. AJ looked at him for a moment and raised an eyebrow. “I told you meeting him at Starbucks would work…” He looked around for a moment. “He seemed really happy last night when I saw him… You’re really doing all you can for the money aren’t you?”

AJ threw the towel in her hand at him. “I don’t want your money,” she told him as her eyes narrowed a bit.

“But you need it.” God damn it. She was going to kick his ass. She moved out from the back of the bar to face him and he held up his hands. “Whoa whoa whoa,” he started, “Slow down there. I meant nothing by it.”

“What do you want?” She asked, almost defeated.

“You said you don’t want my money…Why’s that?” He asked with a raised eyebrow. He looked amused and she wanted to smack him.

Addeline bit her lower lip and looked down to the ground for a moment before looking back up and meeting his eyes. “I actually like him… I really do and I don’t want to hurt him…” She told him. “He’s been through so much already… I can’t do that to him.”

Brian smiled, which took AJ by surprise because it actually looked like it was sincere and that was something she wasn’t use to seeing on him. “You’re definitely something he needs,” he said. “I want to help you out with the bar. I know you’re behind because of-“

“The paper you snatched from me,” AJ interrupted him.

“Yes sorry about that,” Brian apologized. “Maybe if you can get Matt to sing again we can play a show. Help raise money.” AJ looked at him. She couldn’t believe he was offering that. She knew that their band was still big and had a lot of fans still. Maybe it could work but…

What if Matt didn’t want to sing again?

AJ ran a hand through her long black hair for a moment. “I’ll see what I can do,” she told him. “Thanks…” She swallowed hard and then watched him started to go after he handed her back the towel so she could finish cleaning. AJ leaned against the bar for a moment and then heard Brian talk again.

“You know… I can tell he really likes you too.”