Will It Be Forever

Part Eighteen- Get A Grip Addeline

AJ had finished cleaning the bar. It was a daily routine but she had seemed to go crazy with it lately. At least that was what Jessica told her. She sighed a bit. Whatever. It kept her mind busy but with nothing else to clean… She didn’t know what the hell to do. They had raised a lot of money with the Avenged Sevenfold show. She had offered the money to the guys but no one wanted to take it. Well, she didn’t know about Matt because he didn’t want to talk to her.

She paid off all the bills for the bar off and then gave the rest back to the girls. She didn’t want it because she felt bad about it. AJ poured herself a drink and took a long gulp of the bourbon, letting it going down her throat with a stinging sensation but she didn’t mind. It gave her comfort, especially at times like these.

She heard the door open and her heart started to race. Who was it now? She looked to see and had a sense of déjà vu. “Good God man, don’t you know when to stop?” She asked looking at Brian.

“Hey,” he started. “I didn’t do it this time.”

“But you started it,” she heard a female voice. AJ saw Michelle standing behind Brian and she took the rest of her drink in with one big gulp. She made a face and pointed at the door.

“Get the hell out.”

Brian held up his hands. “We come in peace,” he told her. “Michelle has something to say to you.” AJ raised an eyebrow and then moved from behind the bar. She put on hand on her hip and waited for the other woman to say something.

Michelle didn’t look too happy about the situation but… It looked like she had something to say. “I’m sorry,” she said, “I was a bitch.”

“I’d say,” AJ started but Michelle sucked in a deep breath and continued on without even so much of a quippy comeback.

“I was over protective and I stepped over boundaries. I just want Matt to be happy,” Michelle said. AJ wondered if Matt being happy would be him being with her. She shook her head and sighed a bit. She bit her lower lip and glanced to the ground. “Listen… Do you love him?”

“Yes,” she whispered without thinking about it. She swallowed hard and didn’t feel like talking anymore. Just because she answered… It didn’t mean anything. She made a motion for them to go. “I’m leaving for an hour. So I’ve got to locked up.” Brian and Michelle exchanged glances for a moment and AJ just wanted them to agree without saying anything. Just let her have her way, things would be going by much easier.

“Alright…” Brian said as he wrapped his arm around Michelle and they headed out. “Where are you going to?” AJ looked at him. Like it was any of his business. She shook her head as they stepped out of the bar and she locked it up behind them.

“Not that it’s any of your business but Starbucks,” she said. She needed something to wash away the booze taste. Besides she could really go for a strawberries and cream but she had to stop off to the store for a moment. She flashed them a smile but it was forced and fake. She debated for a moment on saying good bye but she just gave them a nod and headed off.

---

“Well that was a waste,” Michelle said with a small sigh. Brian shook his head and pulled out his cell phone. Oh, she was one to give up so easily. He gave her an amused look and let out a small laugh. “What are you laughing about?” She asked.

“She told us where she was going,” Brian said as he dialed Matt’s number. “So I’m going to set thing’s in motion. He brought his cell up to his ear in time to hear Matt picked up. “Dude…” He started. “Meet me a Startbucks… Shut up I don’t mind coffee… Just get the hell there now…” Brian paused. “Yes now… Bye.” He hung up and grinned a bit.

“They’re going to kill you,” Michelle told him.

Brian shrugged one shoulder. “It wouldn’t be the first time someone would want to.”

---

AJ swallowed hard as she walked into the pharmacy just down the street of Starbucks. She sucked in a deep breath as she walked down the aisles, wondering where exactly those things were supposed to be. She bit her lower lip for a moment and that’s when she found them.

She never had to take one before so it was a new experience. She bit her lower lip and looked to the both of her sides. She was grown up. Why the hell did she feel so embarrassed by buying one of these? She rolled her eyes and her hand balled into a fist.

“Get a grip Addeline,” she told herself and grabbed the box before heading to the check out counter.