Will It Be Forever

Part Two- I Don't Even Know Her.

Addeline watched Jessica leave Matt’s table and then she decided that she had to work to keep her mind off of things. She turned and started cleaning out the glasses. Closing time was soon but she’d be there a few more hours after the bar closed. She sighed a bit and paused to tie her long black hair up in a messy bun. “Can I get a shot of bourbon?”

AJ jumped and a glass fell out of her hand onto the floor. “Son of a bitch,” she murmured. “Yeah,” she replied without turning around to see who it was. “Just give me a moment.” She shook her head and turned towards the underneath part of the bar to grab a dustpan and scooped up the broken glass.

She tossed the broken glass into the trash and dusted her hands off on her pants. She put on a smile and turned to see that it was Matt there. “Sorry I scared you,” he said with a small smile. His hat covered most of his eyes and his face was covered in facial hair. If you had known who he was just by looking at his pictures before, you wouldn’t have recognized him.

AJ opened her mouth to say something and then shook her head. She brought a hand up to her forehead and gave him another smile. “You didn’t scare me,” she told him and moved some hair out of her eyes. “Shot of bourbon right?” She asked as she put a shot glass on the table. Matt nodded and she poured the drink.

“Thanks,” he said as he took the glass and left. AJ shook her head. She had always imagined him to be so talkative but she figured that the accident and…the death had something to do with it. She went on to clean the counters and her eyes flickered back to him. She didn’t know what it was… Curiosity maybe? She watched him pick up his cell phone and it seemed that not even ten minutes later the rest of the guys from the band walked in.

Addeline couldn’t help but widen her eyes a bit. Oh great, now they were all in her bar? She shook her head as she looked around, hoping that none of the customers were going to over take them. After a few moments, she let out a small breath. At least now they learned to keep to themselves.

People started coming up to the bar and that was when she had to stop paying attention to them so she could take orders. She was running a business after all.

----

Matt looked up to see the guys coming in. He gave them a small smile as they sat around him and the nice little waitress from earlier came by to take their drink orders. Brian leaned back against his chair, stretching out a bit before he let out a small yawn. “So this is where you’ve been going?” He asked and looked around. “This place isn’t bad…”

Jimmy leaned against the table and let out a laugh. “Why the hell haven’t we heard of this place?” He asked.

“It opened two years ago and I needed somewhere new to go…” Matt told them. Of course, there was an unspoken part of the whole thing. He needed somewhere new to go because everywhere else had reminded him of Val. He felt his shoulders slump slightly and then felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned his head to look at Zacky.

“You alright man?” He asked and Matt nodded.

“There are some hot chicks here,” Johnny said with a grin. He made a motion to the bartenders. “Who’s that?” He asked, pointing at the black haired girl. Matt looked where Johnny was pointing and Zacky slapped his hand.

“You make things so obvious Johnny,” he told him and Matt let out a small chuckle. Matt shook his head and back at Johnny as he watched the waitress come back with their drinks.

“That’s the owner, AJ,” Matt replied.

“She’s hot.”

“Shut up.”

The waitress handed out their drink and Matt clutched onto the glass. His fingers gripping the cold cup as he brought it up to his lips, letting the cool liquid going down his throat before setting down the glass back on the table. He let out a sigh again. Maybe he should just go home. “Dude,” he heard Brian, “Is she single?”

“Aren’t you dating Michelle?”

“Not for me dumb ass. For you.” Matt shook his head. Was he really suggesting that? Was he out of his fucking mind? There was no way he could even think about dating someone. He would never dishonor Val’s name by doing that. The memory of her was still too fresh and God damn it, he could still hear her voice some times. He was out of his mind. It was driving him fucking crazy. That was why he started drinking even more. Val wouldn’t be happy but what was he to do?

“I can’t,” Matt started.

“Sure you can,” Jimmy interjected, “You got up, talk to her, ask for her number and ask her out. Easy.”

Matt opened his mouth to say something but Brian decided to talk again. “Before you say anything…” He said, “We all miss Val… It’s been two years man… I know she’d want you to move on and be happy again. We want you to be happy again.” Matt looked at them. He knew that they just wanted him to be happy again. They had supported every decision he made and stood behind him when he couldn’t play music anymore.

He sucked in a deep breath. He wasn’t just ready. Matt turned his head to look at AJ and then back at the guys. “I don’t even know her… I just come to her bar…” Brian stood up.

“Ok,” he said. “I’ll say something to her.” Then he was off to the bar. What the hell? Did they have a hearing problem? Matt pushed his glass ahead of him and got up.

“I’m leaving.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for subscribing and reading ^_^