Will It Be Forever

Part Three- It Won't Be So Bad.

“No wait, man, don’t go!” Johnny exclaimed. Matt hesitated for a moment and made a face. They really expected this out of him. Dear God. He brought up a hand and rubbed his forehead. He pulled his hat off of his head and sighed. He couldn’t… What would Val think? Were they right? Would she have really wanted him to move on?

“Who knows,” he heard Zacky say, “It may not go anywhere. Even if you just need someone to talk to, like a new friend, maybe it’ll be good.” Matt turned around and looked at them. He shook his head and ran a hand over his face before letting out a small groan.

They were some hard hearing sons of bitches. “I don’t need new friends,” he said.

Jimmy leaned back and chuckled a bit. “We don’t mean new guy friends man,” he said. “Just relax, Matt. It’ll help you out.” He stood there for a moment and then glanced over at the bar where Brian was talking to AJ. He looked down at the floor for a moment and shook his head before going to sit back down.

“Just for tonight,” he told them and his friends nodded in agreement.

---

“Hey there nice ass.”

AJ turned around and flipped the guy off. Her eyes narrowed at him. Yeah, she recognized him to be Synyster Gates from when Avenged was still alive and kicking but she didn’t care. “Don’t you have a girl friend?” She asked as she put a hand on her hip as she looked at him. She watched a smirk appear on his face and she let out a laugh. “The internet tells all,” she said. “Do you need a new drink?”

He shook his head. Brian (that was his real name, it took a moment for her to remember) leaned against the bar. “Then you must know what’s going on with Matt,” he said. AJ’s eye went back to the table where the old leader singer was sitting at.

“What are you getting at?” She asked.

“Well he just wants a new lady figure in his life and he was wondering if you’d like to join him for a drink…” Brian started. AJ looked at him for a moment. He had looked so serious that it made her want to laugh again. She smiled and shook her head as she let out another laugh.

“Oh how middle school,” she told him. She leaned forward for a moment and whispered, “If he really wanted a new chick, he would’ve said something himself. He’s been coming here for two years now and I’m not that stupid.” She leaned back and shrugged one shoulder. “Sorry. Now if you don’t mind, I have to get back to work.”

She turned away from him and she felt someone grab his wrist. She turned to look at Brian and then she looked at his hand around her wrist. “Let go of me please,” she said. Brian shook his head.

“Just listen ok? He’s in a rut and needs some help to get out of it,” he said. AJ snatched back her wrist and it felt like he was trying to give her a guilt trip. She frowned slightly as she looked at him. She let out a small sigh and crossed her arms in front of her.

“You really know how to make a girl feel guilty,” she told him. Brian grinned a bit.

“So this means…” Ah, he was wanting a straight answer.

“I’ll give him someone to talk to,” she said. “Now shoo.” Brian looked like he had just won a million bucks. Good God, what was she getting herself into? She watched him go back to the table of guys and AJ felt like sinking behind the bar. Honestly, she wasn’t comfortable with it all.

---

Brian sat back in front of Matt, and looked smug as hell. Matt shook his head as he watched his friend for a moment. “What did you do?” He asked with a small eyebrow raised. He brought up a hand and rubbed the part of his lip where his piercing was. Brian shook his head and made a motion back to where AJ was.

“She agreed,” was all he said before looking back at the guys. “And it’s time for us to go so my magic will work.” Zacky chuckled a bit as they all started to get up. Matt let out a small sigh. He hated his friends at the moment.

“Don’t do anything we wouldn’t do,” he said.

Matt let out a short snort of a laugh and groaned. “Which isn’t much,” he said and then they guys started laughing. He wondered if he should thank them or just let it go. He decided on the latter and watched them go.

“You know you have to move on eventually…” Matt winced slightly and his head hung low for a moment. She was talking to him again. No. Matt knew he was hearing things. That he was just going crazy.

“What if I don’t want to?” He mumbled. That’s when he heard her laughter ringing in his head. He closed his eyes for a moment, listening to the melodic sound that he had missed more than anything.

“It won’t be so bad…”