Hold the Phone to Make It Better

More Than You Could Ever Know

After we ate, Claire and I went up to my room. She went around, touching the walls and objects and smiling, every once in a while recalling a funny memory I had forgotten about. This girl remembers everything.

She found the picture I kept beside my bed of us when we were best friends growing up. I remember that moment clearly, we were sitting in the grass laughing, randomly taking pictures with a digital camera. We took one of us, laying there, arms around each other and laughing. Every time I looked at the picture during our years apart I felt the rip in my heart get bigger and bigger. Eventually, it was too much. Then…Well, you know what happened.

She was quiet as she picked it up. I saw a single tear drip from her eye.

Then she spoke. “William, I remember the exact day this happened, and every moment from the moment we took this picture to the moment we went to develop it and get copies. And you know what?”

“What?” I asked, wanting to cry.

“I still have this picture too. I used to stare at it when I got home and listen to our favourite albums. Reminded me of the good old times, you know?”

I went over to hug her, and whispered, “I’m so sorry Claire, if I ever become a prick again, you can kill me. I’ll even write a note in my will telling them not to arrest you, because I gave you permission.”

She laughs, and slaps me on the arm. Then she proceeds to flop down on my bed, and I join her. She wraps her arms around my waist and lays her beautiful head on my chest. I wrap my arms around her, and it seems like we’re caught in the perfect moment, and we’re only part of each other. It’s a wonderful feeling, after all these years of nothing but contempt and hate.

“William, I wish we could stay like this forever, don’t you?” She asks, breaking the calming silence with her strikingly amazing voice.

“I wish too, it’s so calm, so peaceful, just us two. I missed these days. I love you, Claire.”

“I love you too William. More than you could ever know.”
♠ ♠ ♠
See chapter 17's author's note as to why this chapter and chapter 18 were re-uploaded.
Title of the chapter is from The World Has It's Shine (And I Would Drop It On A Dime) by Cobra Starship.
Love You All.