Never Want to Let You Go

Oh em gee!

“What if he gets mad at me?” I asked Rita anxiously as we watched the Meet and Greet line dwindle down. “What I did was pretty mean.”

“Oh c’mon, Katy. Like he hasn’t done the whole major let down then surprises you and sweeps you off your feet thing.” Rita defended.

“I guess that’s true.” I replied, a small smile on my lips at the truth of her statement.

“Yeah, and he’s done it more times than just once. This is only your first time.” She watched the line intently. “Alright, the line’s almost done so you better hurry over there.”

“Ok.” I replied nervously. “Do I look alright? Is my hair keeping the curl?”

“Darlin’, you look fabulous. You have nothing to worry about, he is gonna want to tap you on the spot.” Rita replied enthusiastically, pushing me towards the short line.

I laughed nervously. “Thanks, Ritakins.”

“No prob, Katykins. Got get ‘em!” With that said, she turned and headed back towards back stage, away from the public.

I stood at the end of the line, watching as the last few girls rounded the corner to where the Jonas boys stood.

I peeked around the corner, making sure Joe was facing away from me. I couldn’t let him see me until all the girls had gone through the line.

There was a white screen to my left hiding the boys from my view. The only thing I saw was Joe’s arm when he’d move slightly to the right. As I moved forward in the line, I could see more of his body, but he couldn’t quite see me yet.

I smiled as I watched the girls that had just met them squeal as they exited the area.

Nick, Joe and Kevin didn’t even realize how they just made tonight the best night of hundreds of girls’ lives.

I watched as the two girls in line in front of me walked up to the boys, shook their hands and huddled around them for a picture.

I smiled to the girls as they exited the area, the biggest grins spread across their faces.

I made sure that I was still standing out of Joe’s view as a lady with scissors stepped towards me and removed my red meet and greet wristband. Papa Jonas had hooked me up with a meet and greet pass so I could complete my plan.

“Are we done?” I heard Nick ask, peeking his head around the side of the screen.

He noticed me and sent me a wink; he was in on my little plan, too.

I took a deep breath before heading down the short walkway towards the boys, my heels clicking with every step.

As I passed the screen, I was relieved to see that Joe’s back was to me as Kevin animatedly told him something.

A smile spread across Kevin’s face as he noticed me, completely forgetting his previous thought. “I think we’ve got one more fan to meet,” he told Joe happily, causing Joe to let out a frustrated sigh.

I smiled excitedly. “OH. EM. GEE! Did you hear I’m dating a Jonas Brother? It’s so hawt!” I exclaimed obnoxiously, watching as Joe whipped his body around to face me.

--

JOE’S POV

“Joe, would you please stop moping?” Kevin asked me, a hint of annoyance in his voice, as a new group of girls approached.

It was easy for him to say. He didn’t have his girlfriend cancel on him at the last second.

I smiled and shook the girl’s hand, then put my arm around her for a picture.

“Maybe I want to mop.” I told Kevin as the girls left.

“Oh c’mon, Katy is coming on tour with us at the end of the week anyway. You’ll see her soon.” Kevin whispered to me as two more girls came towards us, proclaiming their love to us as they shook our hands.

I smiled to them and thanked them before posing for a picture.

I turned back to Kevin as the girls ran off squealing. “But I wanted to see her tonight. I was supposed to see her tonight. She told me weeks ago that she’d be here tonight.” I snapped at him before greeting more excited girls.

The meet and greet went by in a blur. One excited girl blending into the next excited girl.

I only wish that I could’ve matched the girls in their excitement.

I would’ve, had Katy not cancelled on me.

I had been counting down the days until this concert, her first concert of the Burnin’ Up tour. I wanted to look my best, sound my best, and have the best concert yet just for her.

But all of that came crashing down when she called.

I had to admit; I was a little upset with her, even though it really wasn’t her fault.

She was only doing her schoolwork early because of the tour that I invited her on.

If anything, it was my own fault.

I watched as the last few girls approached us, the usual excited smiles spread across their faces.

We posed for a picture and then they were off. We were finally done.

Now it was time to go back to the tour bus and mope before prepping for the concert.

“Are we done?” Nick asked no one in particular.

He looked around the side of the screen to see if there were any latecomers.

He had a smirk on his face as he turned back around, but I honestly didn’t care to know why.

I turned my attention to Kevin as he began to lecture me about my attitude. He was telling me how I needed to straighten up before the concert.

Pretty much all I heard was blah blah blah.

Kevin glanced behind my head before smiling. “I think we’ve got one more fan to meet.”

I let out a frustrated sigh, that's all I needed, one more fan to meet.

“OH. EM. GEE!” The girl squealed. “Did you hear I’m dating a Jonas Brother? It’s so hawt!”

I whipped my body around; I knew that voice.

And there she stood; there Katy stood.
♠ ♠ ♠
There it is! Finally the first chapter of the triquel!!! =D

Let me know what you think!

Thanks for reading!!!