Emilee

Eighteen

I’d fallen asleep in Max’s arms, sprawled out over the couch in the lounge room. It was a crap day, so I couldn’t tell if it was late or not by simply looking out the window. Why did we have no clock in the lounge room? Gees...I was too comfortable to bother getting up to find out, but it was eating away at me. Was it time for lunch yet? I was starving, now that I’d thought about it. If only I had a watch or my phone...ohh! I felt around for Max’s pockets, discovering that he had his phone on him. Would he mind if I took it, just to check the time? I did it anyway. He’s never angry with me. 1:23pm!? No wonder I was starving! I was about to slip it back into his pocket when it vibrated. He’d received a message from a number he’d not yet saved. Curiosity was a weakness of mine...I flipped open his phone and opened the message.

“You better meet us tonight, bitch. Come play with us.”

What!? Max...was he cheating on me with what appeared to be several hoes? I slipped the phone back into his pocket and looked across at his sleeping form. No, Max wouldn’t do that. He’s far too...innocent. But then again...I mean, I’m not so willing to fulfil all of his wants right now. Maybe he’s already bored of me. I was too innocent. I wiped away several fallen tears. This can’t be happening, surely. I didn’t wanna lose Max over something that now seemed so small and insignificant. I lightly kissed him. His eyes slowly flickered open and he smiled beneath my lips, kissing me back. I pushed myself closer against him and creeped my hands down to the hem of his shirt. As I began to pull it up, Max broke the kiss.

“What are you doing?” he asked, smirking. “Ohh, why are you crying!?” He sat up a little and wiped away my tears. I didn’t answer him. I went to kiss him again but he stopped me. “Emilee, baby, what’s the matter?” His voice was like candy. I loved it when he sounded like my favourite food group...

“Nothing, let’s just do this,” I choked out. I grabbed at his shirt again and managed to pull it over his head as he was thinking. I locked our lips together but he didn’t kiss back. He didn’t want me. He pushed me away from him gently. I held back the fit of cries threatening to emit from my throat.

“Emilee, what is all this? Do what? Of course I want you! I have you already tho, right? I’m yours, and you’re mine?” He smiled at me. I attempted to smile back, but ended up breaking down into sobs. His smile quickly faded. “Emilee, tell me what’s wrong...”

“You don’t w-want m-me,” I cried. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer towards his chest. He was cold, but it didn’t matter.

“Emilee, I’m confused. I just made it very clear I want you. I don’t want you upset, that’s all,” he said sweetly. He didn’t understand. He wanted me, sure, but he also wanted what I couldn’t give him. He wanted what I couldn’t be. “Ohh...” I guess it clicked. “So that’s what this is about?” he asked, pointing towards his bare chest. I nodded. “Wait, you were gonna...do this? Right now?” I nodded again. He frowned at me.

“I’m sorry,” I whispered. “I didn’t know how bad you didn’t want me in that way...”

“No Emilee, it’s not that. I refuse to let you go through with something that you’re clearly not ready for.” He took my hands in his. “I can quite literally wait forever for that. For you.”

“Then why are you off with sluts!?” I yelled. It scared him. He was confused once again.

“What!? Who’s told you that!?” he asked, wiping away the fresh tears running down my cheeks.

“Check your phone Max. I wanted the time and...well I’m sorry but you should be more so...” I said sourly. He pulled out his phone and raised an eyebrow as he read. He burst out in laughter.

“Emilee, I hate to break this to you...but I’m not interested in sleeping with Craig,” he said through his laughter. “I’m sorry you got the wrong impression honey. He got a new phone, that’s why his name didn’t show. I’m lazy, forgot to put it in.”

“Ohh...” I was blushing. How embarrassing. “Well why does he want to play with you?” Max grinned wide.

“Wanna go to our band practice tonight? It’ll be our first ever.” Ohh. I’m an idiot.

“Yea, you bet I would.” I buried my face into his chest. He laughed lightly.

“You don’t have to be embarrassed sweetie. I can see how wrong it sounded.” He stroked my hair. “Do you want me to put my shirt back on?” I immediately shook my head.

“No, please don’t. You’re pretty,” I said, blushing more. He smirked.

“Fine by me,” he said. “You hungry?” Starving, more like. He laughed and dragged me up to my feet. “Let’s eat then.”

“Emilee, please let me do it,” Max whined. I was perfectly capable of chopping up salad. “You’re eyes are wondering. I’m not sure how I’d deal with you if you were bleeding like mad after cutting off a finger.” I cringed, and focused more on chopping, less on Max’s perfect pale chest. I wanted to reach over and touch him, just to make sure he was real. He seemed outta this world. No one looked that perfect. “Emilee...” he warned. I giggled.

“Sorry Max,” I said.

“If you don’t start paying more attention I’ll put my shirt back on.” I couldn’t imagine what he’d look like putting a shirt on, just taking one off. I licked my lips. He laughed. “You’re so perverted.” I finished chopping and put the knife down.

“Am not!” I defended, knowing it was true. For innocent, I was quite perverted.

“You can’t lie to me fool.” He poked out his tongue. I returned the favour. I piled a little of everything on our plates and handed one to Max. “Eww, what the fuck is that?” he asked, pointing to something on his plate.

“It’s lettuce,” I replied.

“It’s purple!” he said, appearing amazed.

“So?” I laughed at him.

“So is there something wrong with it?” He poked it.

“Just eat it Max.” I laughed again and sat at the table. We ate lunch and sat in silence for a little bit, until I couldn’t stand the small distance between us and dragged Max up to my room to cuddle. I put a jumper on and a random CD and joined him on my bed.

“Cold?” he asked.

“I will be,” I replied, snuggling right up to him. “I can’t wait until summer.” I grinned up at him. He pecked me on the nose. I reached up for his lips, gaining access to his mouth. I wondered if he noticed I was practically groping at his chest. He smirked into the kiss. Well, I guess he did. He wasn’t exactly complaining, so...grope is what I did.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think this is a longer one...
Enjoy! :)