Emilee

Twenty

Max’s P.O.V:

I sat at my desk alone in my room...again. In fact, alone in my entire house. My family thought it best to leave me alone for a while until I recovered fully, just in case. At least they unlocked my room first. I was free to go, but now I didn’t want to. 2 weeks straight with nothing to see but the walls of my room, ohh, and the beauty of the red-haired girl next door. Her bedroom window was directly across from mine, as if someone had planned it perfectly. Fate, maybe. She was in her room again, sitting at her desk. She’d been there for a while now. Homework was always a pain in the ass. I cringed internally at the thought of having to catch up on school.

I was so bored. I mean sure, playing bass is fun...but after the 5 hour mark, it’s a little less appealing. I wanted to join a band so bad. I’d even written a little bit. Ohh, that’s an idea. I grabbed a pen and a random notebook and began to jot down words. I wrote about my current situation. I was so unsure of my future, but it was too late to go back to the past now. I was stuck here. I stared out my window to the girl. Something deep within me was telling me I loved her. I’d spent many a day and night reading her thoughts – which still seemed weird to me – as an attempt to get to know her. Even if she ever wanted me as well, I’d end up losing her. I lost everything eventually. Maybe if by some reverse in luck we did get together, I could just give up before it got bad. I could find a way to die, I’m sure. I mean, at least she’d remember me then. She’d remember us and all the good times. I’d be alive in her head. Or maybe it was better off if I didn’t get to know her at all. Sure, it hurt to imagine never meeting her, but if it was better for the both of us, then...I guess I could stand the pain. It’d numb to nothing eventually, right? I thought both sides over again. If I met her, then she’d have to die in one way or another. This was like a curse. If I didn’t change her, she’d be killed. If I never meet her and she never finds out, she’ll never need to become what I am. Can’t I take my heart back? I sighed. It wasn’t that easy. She was a very interesting girl. Her thoughts were so intense. She’d had a pretty hard time so far. Some nights I wanted nothing more than to be over there comforting her, hugging her tight. Even through all the pain, it was easy to tell she had something to prove. Just, what that was I wasn’t able to see. Maybe things will work out if I get to know her. I can’t make up my mind. Typical. Maybe I should just tell her, just go for it. If she died as a result though, I’d not be able to stand it. She’d be suiciding without recognising if she got to know me. If she was gonna suicide, now would be the ideal time. I don’t mean that as a nasty remark, no. It would just save her a lot of screwing around. Cut to the chase. Of course, if she were to go, I’d go too. I was tied to her in a strange way. I truly cared for her. She’s managed to fill the dull darkness of my life, and she hasn’t even done anything. Last night I had the weirdest dream about her. We were driving up a dark street, up to that abandoned house. The one I died in. The vampire coven for all of our kind around this area, apparently. I wasn’t sure whether or not to believe Ronnie though. He may have just told me that to make it seem like there were a few of us around to make me feel less alone. I drove her there and opened her door. We were holding hands and laughing all the way around to the back of the house where I led her inside. That’s when I...killed her. After, we were suddenly not alone. Hundreds of kids surrounded us, kids my age and younger, a few slightly older. All were acting strange, their eyes dark and wide. I’d guessed they’d all died, too. I woke up screaming. I didn’t want this lovely girl to be one of them, of us, but what did she have to lose? I’d have to seriously think it all through. Maybe it was just a phase. I’d get over her, surely. Hopefully...
♠ ♠ ♠
Hrmm, I'm sorry if this confused anyone. I was trying to explain how I saw Reverse This Curse...in Max's POV. I hope you kinda get what he's yapping on about :P
Sorry it's short :/
But the next chapter is quite long :D