This Is The Dawning Of The Rest Of Our Lives

Chapter XIX - Friends and Surprises

JESSICA’S POV

“Thanks for taking me out,” I smiled, squeezing Tré’s hand a bit. He smiled and wrapped his arm around me, pulling me close against him.
“The pleasure is entirely my own, fair lady,” he grinned, placing a kiss on my cheek. I giggled.
“It’d been long since we did something like this together, just the two of us…” he added, “I thought it was about time,” he stated. I smiled.
“You were right,” I said, looking at him as we stopped walking. He softly stroked my cheek, tucking a fringe of hair behind my ear. I wrapped both of my arms around him, holding him close to me, looking into his eyes. He bent forward slightly to gently place his lips on my own, making me smile into the kiss before answering it. My hand crept up, running though his hair. As he pulled back for a second, smiling at me before bending forward again, I suddenly realized his hair was green. I know it was a weird thing to do, since they’d been that color for quite some time now, but I couldn’t help myself. I burst out laughing, making Tré look at me strangely as I grabbed hold of his hands, still cracking up.
“Jessie? Are you okay?” he asked, unable to suppress a chuckle and a slight grin. “What’s going on?” he asked. I shook my head giggling.
“It’s your hair!” I managed to utter.
“My hair? What’s wrong with my hair?” he asked, quickly running his hand through it.
“There’s nothing wrong with it, don’t worry,” I laughed, ruffling it, “it’s just…green!” I giggled.
Tré looked at me.
“Jessie,” he started, as if he was talking to a five year old, “are you sure you’re okay? You should seriously get your eyes checked,” he chuckled, “you’re not gonna tell me that you’ve been living in my house without noticing my hair was green are you?”
I laughed, “Nono, it’s not that! I could hardly have missed it anyway, the way you pushed it into my face when you’d just dyed it,” I giggled, “I don’t know why I suddenly find it that funny,” I chuckled, calming down a bit.
“Jessie?”
“Yeah?” I said, looking up, giggling slightly again.
“I love you,” he smirked, pulling me into a tight hug before kissing me again.

BILLIE’S POV

“Come on dude, just leave it okay? She’s gonna love it anyway youknow…she won’t care if you put it on the left or on the right,” Mike told me. I looked at him.
“You’re right, I’m being stupid…” I chuckled, running my hand through my hair.
“Thank you!” Mike said, “Now can we go downstairs to wait for them?”
“Yeah okay,” I said, turning around to grab the sweater I’d thrown on the bed earlier.
“But hey listen,” I started, “don’t you think it would be better if –“
“BILLIE!” Mike groaned, grabbing my shoulders and pushing me outside.

“There they are!” I said, noticing Tré and Jess through the kitchen window as they walked towards the door.
“Act casual,” Mike hissed, elbowing me.
“Yeah, yeah,” I muttered, rubbing my upper arm at the spot where his elbow had hit me.

JESSICA’S POV

“Heyy, guys!” I smiled brightly, walking into the kitchen, followed by Tré, who was holding onto my hand.
“Enjoyed the movie?” Mike asked. Tré smirked.
“Did you actually see the movie?” Billie reformulated with a grin.
“Oh stop it!”I giggled, giving him a playful shove, “I did see the movie and yes I enjoyed it. There!”
“That sound convincing.. especially with that ‘there!’ at the end,” Billie teased. I just rolled my eyes and chuckled.
“I hope you guys didn’t do any freaking stuff with…or in my room,” I said, looking from Billie to Mike.
“We wouldn’t dare,” Billie smirked, and I could feel Tré chuckling behind me.
“Maybe you should go check, just to make sure…” he suggested. Billie fake gasped.
“You mean you don’t trust us? Your best mates?” he overdramatically spluttered, followed by another gasp.
“Listen BJ, no hurt feelings, no offense, okay?” I said with a giggle, “and it’s certainly not that I don’t trust you, but maybe it’d be nicer to continue this oh so interesting conversation upstairs instead of hanging here in the kitchen. Okay?”
“You got it,” he smirked.

“You might want to watch out though Jess, you never know what you might find on the other side…” Mike grinned mysteriously as I put my hand on the doorknob.
“Ha, ha, very funny. Youknow,” I started, “I’m seriously starting to doubt whether I’m ever going to let you guys –“
Suddenly, my attention was caught by something that certainly hadn’t been in my room when I’d left it last.
“…How did that get here?” I asked, looking at the guys. “BJ? Did you get a new guitar without telling me?”
Billie just looked at me smirking, shaking his head.
“…Mike?”
Another shaking smirk.
“Tré? What’s this all about? What’s that guitar belonging to no one doing in my room?” I asked, turning around.
“It’s yours,” he simply said, smiling. “Go on, take it, it’s yours,” he repeated. My heart was skipping a beat and I could feel myself getting all giggly. Fucking nerves. Fucking hell…
“B-but…who? What? I mean…how? How can it be mine?” I asked wide-eyed, “This is all a big joke right?” I giggled. Their smirks were seriously starting to annoy the hell out of me.
“It was given to you by a bunch of close friends,” Tré said, putting his hand on my hip. I reached for his other hand subconsciously.
“A bunch of close friends? …You were the only ones who…” My eyes widened once more.
“Jesus…” I said, taking in the situation. “This is insane, I don’t de-“
“Don’t,” Mike said. “Don’t say that. You do. You do deserve it.”
“More than anyone else,” Tré agreed, pulling me closer against him.
I let out some sort of a grin-chuckle-giggle-sob as I opened up my arms, pulling the three of them into a tight, loving hug.
“Seriously guys, you’re the best friends I’m ever going to get. Ever…Seriously…I love you. You have no fucking idea how much I love you all,” I managed to mutter. I could feel them all smile, and we stayed like that for a while, holding each other, until Billie broke the comfortable silence.
“So, are you gonna play us something or what?” he smirked.