Your Average 19 year Old

Chapter 8

Chapter 8
“Gerard!” I cried smacking him with a card key.
“Oh!” he cried a thin line of blood running down his face.
“Oh baby, I’m sorry.” I said dropping the key cards and touching his face.
“I WANT TO GO TO BED!” I heard Crystal screaming. I dropped my hand from Gerard’s face and opened the door.
“Here.” I said dropping the keys to the ground. “Good night.” I said closing the door and turning back to Gerard who was touching his face where it was still bleeding.
“I’m sorry sweetie.” I said licking my finger and cleaning his face.
“There is one way that I will forgive you.” He said kissing my neck.
“Blood for blood?” I asked sitting on the bed.
“No, no Bella pint size.” He said sitting next to him and kissing my neck and then my lips. “I love you pint size.” He whispered as we leaned back onto the bed.
“I love you too.”
“How was your night girls?” I asked sitting down at the table the next morning.
“Mikey and I went to bed.” Hannah said taking a grape form Crystal’s plate.
“Frank and I did the same.” She said taking the grape back before Hannah had a chance to put it in her mouth. One of the restaurant servers brought me a cup of coffee.
“Thank you.” I said smiling. I poured milk in and stirred. “I am so tired.” I said yawning.
“Didn’t you go to bed?” Crystal asked.
“Well, not right away.” I said smiling and putting the cup to my lips.
“Bella…” Gerard whispered in my ear coming up behind me.
“Hey sleepyhead.” I said kissing him on the cheek.
“I’ll be back in a few minutes, don’t….leave…” he said kissing each eyelid.
“You guys…. You guys…” Crystal stammered.
“Maybe…. Maybe not.” I said sticking my tongue out at her. I took a bite of my toast and continued to sip my coffee.
“Maira?” Crystal asked.
“Yeah…”
“I think someone might be trying to get your attention.” She said looking behind me. I turned around to see Gerard holding up a plate with ketchup on it in the shape of a heart with the initials ‘M.R & G.W. 4ever’ in it.
“He’s going to ask you to marry him.” Crystal said sipping her coffee.
“What?” I asked.
“He’s going to ask you to marry him.” She repeated.
“Crystal! He is not.”
“He is. Do you see the way he looks at you? He’s been so jumpy lately too.”
“He has not.” I said looking at Gerard as he talked to Frankie. He looked up at me and nearly dropped the plate of food he was holding. “Well, maybe just a little, but this is their first headlining tour! I’d be nervous too. Actually I kind of am.” I said shaking my head.
“This day, someday we kept falling down
One day, this day all we had to keep us safe
And if we never sleep again, it would never end
Well I thought I heard you say to me
We’ll go so far, far as we can
And I just can’t stay, one day we’ll run away. Thank you France! You rock the world!” Gerard screamed that night after playing the last song “This is the best day ever”. Hannah, Crystal, and I stood near the side of the stage, clapping and cheering. It was an early show; it was only 10:00. Not bad, we’d probably go out for dinner or go to a club.
“So where we going tonight?” I asked the girls as the guys left the stage.
“I donno, maybe a movie?” Hannah said as Mikey reached his arms around her, his bass still hanging from his shoulder. “Your strings are poking me.” She said turning around to face him. He kissed her.
“Sorry Han.” He said taking off his bass, picking her up and spinning her around.
“I’ll forgive you this time.” She said smiling and kissing him on the cheek. I smiled at them and felt arms go around me.
“Bella….” Gerard whispered into my ear. He kissed the side of my head. I turned around to face him.
“As good as ever sweetie.” I said wrapping my arms around his neck. He picked me up and brought me into the dressing room. He threw me playfully on the couch and started to change into street closes. He sat next to me and started kissing up my arm to my neck; he was just about to my lips when there was a knock on the door. Gerard swore quietly and went to open it. A girl about 21 years old with blond hair and violet colored contacts walked in.
“Gerard? Sorry, I’m Marilee with Rock Out Loud magazine and we were wondering if we could have an interview with you and Maira?” Gerard turned and looked at me, I nodded my head.
“Sure.” He said closing the door as a guy with a camera walked in.
“Ok.” She said taking out a tape recorder. “I’m Marilee here with Gerard Way and his girlfriend Maira Rank. Thanks for your time guys.” She said smiling.
“No problem.” Gerard said smiling.
“It’s our pleasure.” I said.
“So Maira, my first question is for you, there are rumors going around that you attend Yale, is that true?” she asked.
“Well,” I said tucking hair behind my ear as Gerard put his arm around me. “I don’t go to the campus, but I take my classes online with Yale, its hard being on the road all the time; but studying and getting an education is really important to me.” I said.
“Very cool.” Marilee said. “Now Gerard, is it true that you proposed to Maira?”
“No, not yet. Maybe someday if she plays her cards right.” Gerard said smiling at me; I hit him with a pillow.
“Maybe I’ll say yes and maybe not.” I replied. He gave me a mock shocked face as the guy with the camera snapped a picture.
“Maira, I see you have two class rings on your finger, explanation?”
“Well, this sliver one is mine and the huge gold one is Gerard’s, he gave it to me on the plane ride here.”
“How sweet.” Marilee said picking up my hand and looking at it. She asked us some more questions and then we posed for a couple of pictures; in one I sat on the makeup table with Gerard standing in front of me, I had my arms around him. In another was a picture of Gerard, Marilee, and me; then one of Gerard and Marilee. Gerard decided to be funny and took the camera from the guy when he found out he had a crush on me and took a picture of the guy (Steve), and me. Steve grabbed my butt, but I didn’t say anything knowing Gerard would probably kick him to the curb if he knew. Finally we were done and it was 11:30.
“Let’s go back to the hotel.” Gerard said pouting. “I’m tired.”
“Me too.” I said as we got into the car with the driver who was going to drive us back.