Baby, We Have Eternity

I Don't Bite

“Are you okay, Hanna?” Spencer asked me.

“I’m fine,” I replied dully, seeing Ryan shoot Spencer a warning glare that shut him up fast. The four of them exchanged worried glances. Then Ryan began to mouth things to the rest of them, which confused Brendon, so Jon started acting it out in hand motions, which Brendon also didn’t understand.

“He’s saying, maybe we should talk to her,” I informed Brendon dully, rolling my eyes.

“Oh,” he said, as Ryan rolled his eyes at him again.

“What if we go out tonight?” Jon suggested. “No hunting?”

“I don’t feel like going anywhere,” I sighed.

“Come on,” Spencer said. “Put on one of your nice dresses and we’ll take you out dancing. You get first pick,” he said as he winked at me, trying to sound convincing.

“I don’t know-” I began, but it was too late; they were ushering me from Ryan’s room to my own before pulling one of my many dresses out of the closet. It was a red dress that came just above the knees.

“We’ll wait downstairs,” Ryan said, closing the door behind the four of them.

I emerged from my room five minutes later and went to meet the guys downstairs, who had all changed into dress shirts and pants.

“You look great,” Brendon said.

“Thanks,” I replied.

“No, I was talking about Ryan,” he joked, earning himself an eye-roll from me and a good-natured smack upside the head from Ryan before we headed out the front doors.

We went to an overly crowded club and had a hard time finding a table to sit at. Spencer and Jon went off to find drinks once we settled for one in the corner. They came back shortly and passed them around. I sipped mine occasionally; alcohol had no longer appealed to me after the blood diet.

Soon enough, Brendon and Ryan dragged me to the dance floor, which admittedly, was quite amusing and did put me in a better mood. They returned to the table after a few more songs, and I made to follow them. I lost track of them in the crowd but continued in that general direction.

I felt a sturdy hand grip my other arm, too strong for it to be a human.

“You need to stop stalking me,” I hissed to Pete, narrowing my eyes. He only grinned.

“Dance with me. I don’t bite,” he said, laughing slightly at his own joke as I rolled my eyes.

“Let me go before I tell William.”

“You wouldn’t tell him,” he said confidently. He was right. “Come on, let’s talk instead.”

He pulled me out the door and down the street, where it was quieter with fewer humans around to witness.

“We don’t have anything to talk about,” I informed him stubbornly. He looked me up and down and I crossed my arms uncomfortably.

“We don’t have to talk…” he trailed off, coming closer as he tried to meet his lips with mine, which earned him a swift slap on the face from me. I felt my eyes start to burn red.

“Don’t touch me,” I growled, as he put a hand to his cheek where I hit him.

“Alright, calm down already. I said I was sorry,” he said defensively.

“And I said for you to leave me alone.”

“Look, I can make it up to you.”

“I highly doubt that,” I scoffed, crossing my arms again.

“Just give me a chance. I promise I won’t let you down,” he said. I sighed, but didn’t say anything. “Meet me here in one week at midnight. You won’t regret it.” And with that, he left. I returned to the club and to the table, sliding into the booth next to Jon, who immediately enveloped me in a hug.

“Hanna!” Jon cried in an overly-loud voice. I sighed. “We missed you!” I raised my eyebrows, receiving the same look from Spencer, Ryan, and Brendon.

Yes, vampires can get drunk, in case you were wondering.

“Jon, I wasn’t even gone that long,” I replied, rolling my eyes. “And you’re drunk.”

“Oh Hanna, you’re so funny,” Jon giggled, resting his head on my shoulder. Yes, he giggled.

“What happened to him?” I asked, eyebrows still raised as he played with my hair and hummed happily to himself. Spencer was stifling his laughs.

“Jon overdid it on the shots,” Ryan informed me. “Where were you?”

“I just…got separated,” I lied, scooting away from Jon. “It was crowded and I couldn’t find the table.” Brendon shot me a knowing look but didn’t say anything for the rest of the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hahaha, I <3 J-Walk. New commenters: kailixx & xXxBlahxXx & hey-moon -thanks again (to my regular commenters too)!

Also thanks to new & old subscribers/readers.

Feedback is always appreciated. : )