Baby, We Have Eternity

When It All Goes to Hell

“Hanna. Where have you been?” I felt my heart drop.

“Brendon…why-what are you doing in here?” I asked him hesitantly.

“I really need to talk to you,” Brendon said, pulling me inside and closing the door behind me.

“If William catches you in here…” I began.

“I don’t care anymore,” he said.

“What do you mean?” I asked slowly.

“I mean I don’t give a shit what William does anymore. I’m fucking sick of this,” he said, sitting at the edge of my bed and running his hands through his hair and then rubbing his tired face.

“What-” I tried cautiously. He shook his head, cutting me off.

“Never mind. That’s not what I came here to say.”

“Okay, then what do you have to say?” I asked, sitting next to him and pulling his hands away from his face. He looked at me sadly, a weary expression taking over his features.

“What happened to you, Hanna?”

“What do you mean?” I asked, confused.

“You never used to care. You never took William’s shit. I don’t know what’s happened to you.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” I informed him, crossing my arms.

“Do you know what your problem is?” he demanded all of a sudden.

“What?” I said, glaring.

“You’re turning into Wentz. You’re so bitter and down all the time. You’re not happy.”

“News flash, Brendon! I haven’t been happy in years!” I shot back.

“Well, you always found a way before,” he said, shaking his head dismissively. “Honestly, it’s like you’re giving up.”

“So maybe I am.” He opened his mouth to retort, but then stopped mid-breath, and instead stood there staring at me with his mouth slightly ajar. I waited for him to continue.

“Do you have any idea what you’re getting yourself into?” he demanded, regaining his composure.

“Yes, I have a vague idea,” I snapped. “And stop lecturing me just because you’re jealous.”

He went speechless again.

“What are you saying?” he asked slowly.

“I’m saying that you’re jealous of Pete. Admit it. Just because he’s not trapped working for William and because I talk to him more than I talk to you.”

“You’re wrong,” he growled angrily. “You don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“I think I know exactly what I’m talking about,” I scoffed arrogantly.

“You see what I mean?” he demanded. “You’re just like him. You think you know everything that’s going on? Hanna, you don’t even know half of it!” I glared at him, suppressing a low growl. “You’re so stubborn you can’t even see that I’m right!”

“Oh really?” I asked sardonically, raising an eyebrow. He just shook his head at me.

“He’s going to find out what you’ve been doing,” he warned.

“He’s not going to find out,” I insisted, as he sighed in defeat and headed for the door.

“I’ll still be here when it all goes to hell. Just remember that,” he finished softly before leaving me alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
New commenter: Ashgal19

Oh, and get ready for some drama coming up in the next few chapters, I can’t wait :D

I know I said I was debating between a Gabe or Chizzy story, but I think I’ll go with Chizzy because I think it has more potential and I’m not sure I like where my Gabe one was going, but we’ll see what I do with that... I’ve decided on a title for the Chizzy one though, and I made the story page so if you want to subscribe to it already, there’s a small preview:

http://www.mibba.com/story/Spread-the-Rumors/Id-Kiss-You-Goodbye-If-I-Thought-It-Would-Make-You-Stay/