Baby, We Have Eternity

He Promised

-x-x-PART TWO-x-x-

“Hanna,” I heard a familiar voice calling me.

I was in a dark place, I wasn’t sure where. Suddenly, a figure with fangs materialized in front of me.

There was something different about him. Upon closer inspection, I realized that his eyes had changed from their usual chocolate brown to a vivid, fire-like red.

“Pete?” I murmured in horror.

“You betrayed me, Hanna. You tricked me. It’s all your fault,” his voice whispered as he began to fade into the darkness.

“Pete, I didn’t want-” I tried to explain, when suddenly Pete’s figure morphed into taller and thinner one. I gasped.

“I have your friends, Hanna. You’ll be sorry you ever left.” I was now staring into the crimson-red eyes of William, who had once been my world. Enough to give my mortal life for.

“No!” I cried, beginning to sob uncontrollably. “Bill! Please don’t-”

“Hanna!” I heard yet another voice calling. “Hanna!”

“Bren?” I asked in confusion, in between sobs. Where was he and why couldn’t I see him?

Had William gotten him too?

“Han, wake up,” I heard him say, shaking me gently.

My eyes snapped open, and I glanced around the heavily curtained room, waiting for William to pop out of the closet. I was breathing heavily, and tried to calm myself down.

“Hanna, you scared me, what happened?” I turned to Brendon next to me, realizing that my face was covered in tears and I had tangled up the sheets in my fitful sleep.

“I…I don’t kn-know,” I stammered, wiping my face.

“You’re okay, you’re with me,” he said soothingly, pulling me into his arms. I relaxed, immediately feeling safe in his arms. I buried my face in his shirt and tried to fall back asleep.

He would never let anything bad happen to me.

He promised.

And I didn’t believe in promises, but I believed Brendon.

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

“Are you feeling okay?” Brendon asked me, when we woke up again, this time at sunset.

“I guess so,” I mumbled back. He pushed the hair out of my eyes before leaning forward to brush his lips against mine lightly. I smiled in spite of myself and pulled his face towards mine to kiss him again. He smiled into my lips, placing a hand on the side of my face and stroking my cheek softly with his thumb.

“I love you,” he whispered, pulling away.

“I love you too,” I murmured back. I rolled over and he wrapped his arms around my waist, not wanting to get out of bed just yet. He pulled me close to him, resting his head on my shoulder.

Things had changed since we had left the Dandies.

Everything had been so much easier, although I knew it couldn’t go on like this forever.
With my luck?

Something was bound to bring me and Brendon’s happiness to an end.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, it's been a week already....I still have alot of prewriting to do, but I decided to update anyway.

I'm glad the Hanna/Brendon thing didn't seem as random as I thought people would take it, since only Santi-Christ & I knew it would be like this from the beginning ; )

New commenter: LoveTheLifeYouLive. Yay, I've hit 100 subscribers! Thank youuu