Baby, We Have Eternity

Us

I walked down the brightly-lit Las Vegas streets, hand in hand with Brendon.

There was really no need for us to be out; we had hunted a few days ago, and on top of that, we had been practicing prolonging the amount of time we could go without hunting.

Sometimes we just took walks around the city.

Sometimes we talked as we walked, sometimes we didn’t. I didn’t mind the silence, it was the good kind. It reminded me of how William and I had been before. It felt nice to feel somewhat human again.

Brendon pulled me closer as we walked down the shadowy streets, slinging an arm around my shoulders. I wrapped an arm around his waist and rested my head against him.

“What are you thinking about?” he asked suddenly. I shrugged a little.

“Us,” I replied. He smiled before planting a kiss on the side of my face. I couldn’t help but smile, too.

In some way, every bad thing that had happened led to the one good thing in my life: Brendon.

I hadn’t felt like this since I was mortal and still in love with William.

I mean, sure, with Pete it had been mutual attraction and definitely potential.

But Brendon made me feel safe and complete.

I distantly wondered why it took us so long to realize it.

He suddenly leaned over to kiss my cheek again, and I smiled back at him as we continued peacefully down the street.

I abruptly tensed up, feeling a presence some distance behind us.

“Bren,” I whispered, as softly as possible. “I feel someone here. Do you feel it?”

“Yeah,” he whispered back. “Let’s head home, just in case,” he added, rushing us along down the street.

We had made it to our front door, but I still strongly felt the presence. I whipped around as Brendon unlocked the door. I stared in shock.

In front of me stood a very familiar vampire.

How did he find us?
♠ ♠ ♠
Allow me to introduce you to my friend, Mr. Cliff Hanger. Muahahaha….I'll update really soon.

Guess who?

I know this story's getting long, so I don't mind not getting as many comments as I used to, but it's still fun to hear what you all think. : ) ... I just hope it's not boring anyone by being this long, that's the only thing I'm worried about...