Baby, We Have Eternity

Don't Bother

“Hanna, wake up,” Brendon said, nudging me softly.

“No…” I protested, burying my face in his chest. I didn’t want to face Pete again.

“You’re going to have to see him eventually,” he coaxed reasonably.

“Not if you stay in here with me all night,” I tried. He gave a slight laugh.

“I’d be more than happy to do that, but I think everyone will wonder where we are, love,” he pointed out, rubbing my back softly.

“I know…” I mumbled. But it still didn’t make me want to leave the room.

Once he managed to convince me to get up, we were surprised to see that the only ones here were Patrick and Ryan sitting at the table.

“You said Gabe left his alliance with William?” Brendon asked them, cutting to the chase.

“We were surprised, too,” Patrick admitted. “He was William’s closest ally. A week after the fight, he shows up here with his clan, and he tells us he wants to help.”

“Where are they?” Brendon asked.

“He and his clan were staying with us, but they agreed to find the others, Andy and Joe are helping. They’ll be back as soon as they find them, and then we can get everything together from there.” I frowned doubtfully.

“You’re not worried that they might betray you to William?” I asked. He smiled wryly, shaking his head.

“I’ve known them for awhile, I’ve helped them out with favors a few times. I trust them,” he said simply. I nodded. “They’ll be back soon, and then we’ll be ready to finish this.” He paused. “For good.”

Brendon grabbed my hand reassuringly.

“Then no more nightmares,” Brendon said softly, squeezing my hand.

I tried not to get my hopes up, but they seemed so confident that I couldn’t help myself.

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

I hesitated before knocking on the door.

“What?” he growled from the inside. I didn’t answer, bit my lip and pushed the door open. “What do you want?” he asked, his narrowed eyes searching me with dislike in his reddish irises as I stepped inside and shut the door behind me. He stood up, facing me and crossing his arms.

“I…” I tried beginning, but my throat was dry. “I wanted…I wanted to talk.”

“And you think I want to listen?” he snapped viciously.

“No, but I don’t care,” I stated, trying to regain some composure. “Why can’t we talk?”

“You used me, Hanna. You betrayed us, and you think I can forgive you like that?” he burst out abruptly, startling me.

“I never used you,” I argued. “And I didn’t have a choice, Pete! What would you have done?”

“I wouldn’t betray my friends,” he spat.

“You know what? Forget it!” I yelled at him. “You don’t understand! Can you please just try to see how it is for me and stop thinking about yourself?!”

He stopped, startled by my shouting.

“He starved me, Pete!” he didn’t say anything, looking away. “I didn’t leave my room for two fucking weeks! Brendon’s the only one that came to see me, he helped me!”

“Yeah, helped you right into bed, huh?” He laughed sourly, and I could feel the red tinting my eyes.

“You don’t even know what you’re talking about,” I told him, glaring. “I don’t know why I even bother-”

“So then don’t, Hanna,” he interrupted loudly. “Don’t bother. If you’re so fucking happy with Brendon, why did you even come back?”

“Ryan asked us to help, he-”

“Keep telling yourself that’s the only reason,” he scoffed. “We don’t need your help,” he said snidely, turning his attention back to whatever he was doing before I interrupted. I growled, spinning around and leaving his room. I slammed his door behind me.

I don’t know why I even bother.
♠ ♠ ♠
Fillerish, sorry. Thanks for the comments. : )