Baby, We Have Eternity

Everyone's Back

“Hanna,” Brendon said, shaking me slightly. I yawned, opening my eyes.

He was fully dressed, hovering over me.

“Everyone’s back,” he smiled.

I immediately sat up straight, quickly redoing my hair and changing into clean clothes. I pulled him out of there by the hand to join in the commotion going on in the large main room of the warehouse.

I was quickly engulfed in hugs by SIsky, Joe, Butcher, Jon, Michael, Spencer and Andy. I truly thought of each of them as family, and I found my eyes getting wet as a result of the reunion.

I was re-introduced to Gabe and his clan, who turned out to be more hospitable than I had previously imagined.

Unfortunately, the cheerful atmosphere could not last; we had a task to accomplish, and there was no time to make small talk with my old friends.

Once everyone had calmed down and the excitement of seeing familiar faces wore off for the time being, Patrick called everyone to order.

“So how are we doing this?” Brendon asked, after we went over the basics.

“Beckett is obviously outnumbered. He’s created new vampires, but I assume their loyalties aren’t set in stone,” he continued, glancing around the room, seeing if anyone wanted to add everything. He continued when no one said anything. “Hanna ‘s going to return to the manor-”

“Is it really necessary, Patrick?” Brendon interrupted, as if he read my mind. His arm was loosely draped around my waist, forever scared to let me go.

“If he’s outnumbered?” I added, hopefully, but I already knew the answer in the back of my mind.

Patrick shot us both a grim, sympathetic glance.

“Being outnumbered isn’t enough,” Gabe answered immediately, shaking his head. “As long as he’s paranoid and creates new vampires at this rate, it won’t work. After all, we need to lure him away from the manor or we have to find a way in. He doesn’t trust anyone, except maybe Mike, but he’s grown suspicious of him as well, and we’re not sure how committed he is.”

“You…you think I can do all that?” I stammered nervously.

“You’re the only one he’d believe, Hanna. You’re the only one he might even consider trusting again,” Ryan pointed out. I shot him a doubtful glance. “It’s true, you know.” I sighed, letting out my breath slowly. I knew he was right.

Brendon squeezed me around the waist as comfort, although I couldn’t help but notice Pete stiffen and look away from his place in the shadows in the corner of the room, as if he preferred to be hidden.

We spent the rest of the night going over Patrick’s admittedly well-thought-out plan until it was embedded in all of our memories.
♠ ♠ ♠
New characters in the next one. : )

Comment thank yous: ToTheNthDegree, silver-rose-forever, addict-for-dramatics & Never Looking Back.