Status: over.

Deception

introduction

I walk into the bathroom and meet Lori, who's staring at herself in the large vanity mirror, spreading mascara onto her eyelashes. I wave, and head into stall number two, the one I use practically every day. Why? Because it's the only clean one in the whole building.

It's also the secrets stall.

I know. None of my business, but I like to read what's in there. It's exciting. Empowering, even. I read the daily "I heart Johnny"s and the "Gabrielle Mendez is a faggot"s, scanning over the ridiculously long complaints about stupid shit no one cares about, and sometimes, even finding something as good as gold.

Today's winner is:

"Lori Gunderson is going out with Zachary Merrick."

I furrow my brow. When did this happen? Did they just hook up or something? Lori doesn't even know who Zachary Merrick is.

I don't even know who Zachary Merrick is.

Is my best friend hiding something from me? What's going on? Who's Zachary Merrick?

I stomp out of the stall and grab Lori by the back of her shirt. As I drag her outside, she twists and turns, struggling to get out of my grip. "What the fuck, Kaleb?" she shouts.

"Who the fuck is this Merrick kid?"
♠ ♠ ♠
New Alex story. Hope you weren't waiting for it!