Am I Pretty Enough Yet?

Introduction

Am I Pretty Enough Yet?

She gazed into the dusty mirror before her, her large chocolate brown eyes sparkling straight back at her. But that she did not see, she saw ugly, mud coloured, dim eyes full of hurt, worry and pain. The bathroom light glinting off her silky smooth, soft hair. The kind of hair a baby would reach out to touch, just to touch.. To them what looks perfect. But to Kay, she saw what looked like dead rats tails. Straggly, with split ends, messy and knotted. This wasn’t the girl she wanted to be, this was nothing like her…
Sighing, inside she felt the sharp sting of hurt, lost hope, the faith that was slowly but surely dwindling away deep inside of her. She hoped for a saviour, wished upon every shining star, in every velvety black night sky. She just wanted her escape from her imperfections, a sweet, sweet surrender. Nobody could see the hurt apart from herself, nobody could feel what this young girl was going through. Nobody but herself, she had nobody, nothing. Her friends had lost hope in trying to socialize with her, all she would do was put on a fake smile, then fade away into her thoughts. Lost within a dream in which, she called ‘perfection’.
People at school were starting to wonder where she had went, she hadn’t been to that dingy, little building in what had become months. Kay had given up completely at school, given up on making something of herself. She told herself she wasn’t worthy, that she didn’t deserve to make something of herself. To have a life that would no longer be filled with sorrow, invisibility and shear nothingness. Always telling herself she didn’t deserve to lead a happy, care-free life. Oh no, that was for pretty, intelligent people, that was exactly the thing, that Kay, considered herself, anything but.