Am I Pretty Enough Yet?

Update 3

“Well…?” Her mother smirked at her, this was the most alive and happy she’d seen her daughter in a long, long time. The first time she’d seen her smile, hear her speak a friendly word, communicate with anyone her own age since she stopped going out, stopped going to school, stopped her life, full stop.
“Well what?” Kay blushed, her cheeks now a bright shade of crimson as she ran upstairs embarrassedly, a slight bounce in her step. Arriving at her destination in her room, falling onto her bed face first as the biggest smile she had ever experienced forced itself upon her. Feeling the happiness flow right from the pit of her butterfly-filled stomach, right the way up until it reached her face, her cheeks broad, showing her beautiful white teeth. She bounced over to the window ledge, picking up her CD walkman, plugging the little earphones into her ears as her favourite band came on. Someone caught her eye outside, it was Gerard, helping his mum load boxes into the house next door, even seeing him from above made her smile. Just knowing he was close to her. He looked up, as if sensing her watching him. She hid behind her curtain, her heart pounding innocently, could this be young love?
”I know you were watching me there, I can sense you.. I can’t wait until tomorrow” she heard his soft, gorgeous voice echo throughout her mind. How does he do that…? She looked out of the window again, only to see him staring straight back at her, his hand waving. Waving back she blushed.
“Kayyyy! Get down here a minute will you? I need to speak to you…” Kay rolled her eyes as she smiled at Gerard one last time before disappearing from the window view, running downstairs as quick as possible, she didn’t know why. But ever since she laid eyes on him, her world had turned brighter. He’d lightened up her life.
“What is it, mom?” Kay smiled at her mother, noticing her mum smile back Kay was glad. Thinking perhaps this was the route she ought to take, maybe now was the time to get her life back on track. How could one boy, that one boy… begin to turn her whole life around?
“I think it’s about time we had a talk…” Kay’s mum looked at her. Her eyes widening, Kay shook her head.
“No mom, not that talk… No, ohh god this is so embarrassing!” Kay buried her head in her hands, collapsing on the couch next to her mum. “Hit me with it then, let’s get it over with.”
“Well… you know boy’s… they have different from girls…”
“Mom, I learned that in preschool” Kay rolled her eyes, relaxing, her mum wasn’t very good at explaining these things.
“Yes… but we do different things with them. There are ways to be safe.” Her mum’s way of putting things politely just made Kay laugh.
“Okay, mom, listen to me. Girls and boys have sex. They protect themselves with condoms so the girls don’t get pregnant, and they can take the after pill as well, see I don’t need your talks” Kay smiled, “Can I go now?” Her mum sat wide eyed. Things went easier than she thought they would.
“Yes, okay, you can go,” Kay sighed a sigh of relief, slowly walking upstairs this time. That had to be one of the weirdest encounters she had ever shared with her mother.