Am I Pretty Enough Yet?

Update 2

She trailed her fingers through her hair. Still laid on her bed, her eyes closed shut, prickling with tears with her heart beating softly within her, crying out to be loved, to be cared for. The doorbell rang as Kay sighed, ‘must be my mum’s friend again’. She hated seeing her mum have more of a social life than herself, and because she hated that, she felt selfish, immature. She never had that feeling when she had her own friends, she never felt the need to dwell on how lucky other people were. But where were her friends now? Where was Chris? Lindsay? Jamie? Jane? Drew? They were nowhere to be seen, not seen her in months, not phoned, came round. All she could do was blame herself for her loneliness, her isolation as she locked herself in her room, withering away.
“Kay! Come down here and greet your new neighbours!” She heard her mum call, raising an eyebrow, ’ new neighbours? When did they move in?’ Sitting up, rubbing the salty tears from her eyes before fixing her hair in the mirror, walking slowly downstairs. Her converse lightly thudding on each step. Stopping at the bottom she saw a woman with a large smile, bright blue eyes with dark brown hair like her own, maybe a shade lighter. Standing next to a young boy, about her own age, looking at his mother in that ‘do we have to be here?’ questioning way. His mum just looked straight back at him, warningly.
“Uhmm… Hey…” Kay whispered, a shy low tone in her voice, her eyes falling to the floor quietly, shuffling her feet. Feeling his eyes on her she looked back up, bright hazel eyes that could easily hypnotize, his black, messy hair like he’d just endured a ride on a rollercoaster, tight black jeans and a coat, with ribs across it.
“Hi…” he murmured, looking mesmerised by her chocolate brown eyes, her shy features, so soft yet so sharp. Her strapped top with one strap hanging down, falling down her smooth shoulder blade. Her skirt frilly, laced at the bottom, perfected with a pair of brightly coloured tights and her worn out converse. She was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen, his heart was pounding in his chest, his palms turning sweaty, as his usually pale cheeks flushed a light shade of pink.
“Go on then…” his mother nudged him towards her, gesturing for him to be polite. He stepped forward, his legs feeling like jelly, his heart now in rhythm with his thoughts, her perfection, her beauty. She was amazing, wonderful… She was unlike anyone he had ever seen before.
“I…I’m.. Gerard… Nice to… meet you…” He seemed stunned, stuttering slightly, his face flushing now a darker shade of red as he held out his hand, she took it as they shook hands. Both of them trapped in a parallel universe, not noticing the parent’s raise their eyebrows at them. Smiling to each other slightly, Kay had a feeling. Maybe, just maybe… This was the time for her saviour to come.
“I’m… Kay… Same to y… you…” She stuttered, cursing herself inside. How could one boy have this effect on her? How could he make her heart pound, her words lose themselves. How did he slow down every second he was with her…? It felt like it was lasting forever, she just wished that it would stay that way.
“Come on now Gerard, we must go, unpack our things, Kay can come round to ours tomorrow if she likes…” The woman smiled brightly at both of the children. Somehow knowing, that the two children were going to know each other very well in the future. She just wasn’t sure of what path their relationship would take.
“But… mum we just got here!” Gerard looked shocked, disappointed. He wanted to stay, he wanted to gaze at her beauty one more time. She looked like she’d been crying, he wanted to take her in his arms and comfort her, brush away her every sadness, protect her from her every fear.
“No buts Gerard, let’s go. See you tomorrow, Caroline! It was nice meeting you too Kay, see you soon!” Kay’s eyes stayed on Gerard as his mum pulled him away, he waved a pale hand at her as she waved back.
“See you tomorrow?” he looked at her questioningly, but he hadn’t even moved his lips. How could he…? She just nodded in agreement, seeing his smile spread wide unleashed butterflies to go wild inside of her. Oh, how amazing he was…