Heart and Soul

One

Nina

I glared at my reflection. It wasn’t really me anymore. Well, technically it still is me but at the same time it isn’t. The pale silver ring around my pupil was there to prove that.

I felt like I let my dad down. I was always his little trooper since my mother and other sister didn’t survive. I was the one who always went hunting with him and my brothers.

It’s not your body anymore, the stupid voice hissed in the back of my head.

“Shut up,” I muttered out loud, “No one wants you here,”

No one knows that if it wasn’t for my kind you wouldn’t be alive, she countered. That was true but they didn’t know that I’m a lot stronger than I look. I still had control of my body and head…most of the time. Sometimes Storm Bringer (or Stormy as I like to call her to harass her) got into control and that wasn’t fun.

“Having a schizo moment again, Nina?” Dylan asked me, clearly hearing me talk to myself (sort of).

I wanted to smack him. He loved to tease me all the time even though he knew damn well that I had an alien trapped in my brain.

Oh, no, not water boy, Stormy groaned. I smirked to myself. Good, my best friend is the most annoying person to her.

“Dylan, you’re the only one who hears voices,”

“Oh really?” he asks, eyeing me skeptically. I roll my eyes.

“You’re such a pain in the as-”

James (my little brother) ran up to us, panting.

“Nina, I think Dad wants you,” he told me, nodding a hello at Dylan.

I nodded and ran in the direction that James came.

“Good, you’re here,” my dad’s face lit up when he saw me and I was extremely curious about what was going on.

“What’s up, Dad?” I asked, not noticing the man that was standing next to him.

“We have a visitor,” he said and gestured to the man.

“Hi,” he said, shaking my hand, “I’m Ian O’Shea.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy! =D