Heart and Soul

Twenty

Storm Bringer

I’m pissed.

There, simple as that, you’d think she’d be happy to get an alien out of her head but what does she do? Goes into a very dark place that I never touched on when I was in her head.

Okay so I’m not pissed.

I’m feeling guilty.

I knew she liked Ian, and here I am talking to him, happy, when she’s curled up in a ball in her room. Water boy paces up and down her hall waiting for her to come out, each time I go near the door he glares at me like it’s my fault.

I glare back naturally. Even thou he is right. This is my fault and I’m going to have to fix it.

Water Boy sucks as a guard.

I found him leaned up against a wall snoring as loud as a tornado alarm. I nudged him with my foot, he didn’t even flinch. I then proceeded to give him a little more strength in the kick.

Needless to say he was now lying sideways on the floor, still sleeping, still snoring.

“Pathetic.” I mumbled rolling my eyes as I made my way to what used to be my room.

I knocked on the wall beside the make shift door which was basically a sheet of thick plastic. I waited there patiently even when there was no answer.

I heard a shuffle and jumped out of my skin to turn to see water boy now sprawled on his back, Ian leaning over him with a confused look on his face. When he looked up he met my eyes I couldn’t help but smile.

I soon regretted it because the scrapping of the plastic door moving on the floor filled the hall and Nina looked out to see both me and Ian smiling at each other and Dylan lying on the floor like a dead mule.