Heart and Soul

Twenty Four

Storm Bringer

Water boy needs to go.

I was walking along minding my own business when I get dragged into a dark corridor. I was in the midst of raising my hand to strangle water boy when the words came out of his mouth.

“Mission, break up Ian and Nina, Task One: you slid in beside Ian during lunch I’ll do the same to Nina, at the end of lunch we go are separate ways, and then Task Two will start.” Water boy looked both ways as if the things that where coming out of his mouth where important.

“Dylan.” I hissed.

He looked down at me and asked, “What?”

I lifted my hand and slapped him up over the head, “You are an idiot!”

I quickly tugged my arm out of his grasp and returned to the hall. Leaving water boy muttering something about how souls are suppose to be nice.

I glared over my shoulder not watching were I was going and ended up slamming into someone. Someone large since they barely moved where as I was half way to the ground before the arm of the person could slid around my waist and heave me back up.

“Sorry, I wasn’t looking where I was going, I didn’t mean to…” I was nervous, I had only ever known these humans through Nina and now that Nina and me were separate, those humans didn’t need to look at me or talk to me nicely, they barely registered my existence.

“Hey stormy it’s fine.” The voice was warm, I looked up to see Ian, and I couldn’t help the smile that tugged at my lips.

“Thanks for…” I gestured with my arm suddenly a very different kind of nervous.

“No problem.” He told me, staring down at me smiling. Our eyes locked and we just sort of stood there staring smiling like idiots at each other.

I wasn’t even aware that Ian still had his arm around my waist or how close we where until I heard Dylan exclaim, “hey Nina.”

As quickly as I had bumped into him I un – tangled myself, so much for Dylan’s stupid plan. I feel so guilty just looking at Ian, how I’m I suppose to pull them apart?
♠ ♠ ♠
it's short i know....
you there the only person reading this besides tara and me......do you like it?