Heart and Soul

Twenty-Three

Nina

It amazes me how selfish I can be. I mean, I just ditched my friends for a guy and now thinking about kissing him. Not that he probably was a bad kisser but I couldn’t help but wonder if it was going to be worth it. Was it, really? I couldn’t answer that.

I just tried to keep afake smile plastered on my face and acted as if nothing bothered me. For some reason he couldn’t read me like he could with Stormy. He just kept talking like there was nothing going on.

Dylan would have known that something was wrong, that chiding voice in the back of my head said. I would have talked back if it was Stormy but it clearly wasn’t.

I didn’t know what to say to him so I smiled and nodded pretending to listen. Well, I started listening to him when he said “…Nina, do you think Stormy likes me?”

My blood ran cold. I didn’t know what to tell him. Half of me wanted to tell her that she did but then the other half wanted to be his rebound. I mean, that way he could see find out that he definitely didn’t need her, he needed me.

…God, I’m such a bitch sometimes.

I bit my lip and opened my mouth ready to answer him when James walked over to us.

“Nina, Dad needs you to make dinner,” James said. Thank God.

I smiled sheepishly at Ian and mouth “Got to go” and scurried off to the kitchen feeling relieved. But I knew it wouldn’t last for long, but I could ride this for a while.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this sucks....