Heart and Soul

Twenty-Seven

Nina

I was trying to think. Stormy had made a really good point. I’m a stubborn bitch sometimes.

I decided just to flat out say it.

“He loves you.”

“What are you talking about?” Stormy asked, confused.

“Ian. He loves you. You should go talk to him.”

“But what about-?”

“I’ll be fine,” I insisted. “Go.”

I didn’t turn around until I heard her footsteps leaving.

***

The cavern I was sitting in was the one place in our home that Stormy didn’t know about. Actually not many people did. I just sort of wanted to be alone and think.

What would life be without Dylan?

He and I were really close and I’m surprised I didn’t realize that it was more than what I thought earlier. I felt dread wash over me when I realized that I, despite the fact that I thought he was a moron sometimes, was in love with him.

Not that this was a bad thing but by now he probably hates me. Or he’s at least afraid to talk to me. Or he’s done trying to get me and has decided to wait and see if we catch another alien for him. I don’t know.

I sighed and started skipping stones. That’s what Dylan and I used to do when we were little.

I nearly jumped out of my skin when I heard footsteps behind me.

“Hey, Nina,” a voice that made me feel a little bit better said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about that. I had writer's block. I take full blame.