Status: Hiatus, sorta

Yes Even Stars Break

My Beautiful Rescue

I've been jumping from the tops of buildings
For the thrill of the fall
Ignoring sound advice
And any thought of consequence
My bones are shattered
My pride is shattered
And in the midst of this self-inflicted pain
I can see my beautiful rescue


We were both standing there in an awkward silence. Neither of us had a word to speak. I stood there like a petrified kid taking in all the emotions that ran through me. I could see through my peripheral vision that Willi and Amy were gaping at the whole scene. Then my legs took over and my body and forced me to turn away from Kevin and leave. I didn’t know what else to do but to walk away from all this. As I was leaving I heard his sweet voice call out to me.
“Becky wait!” He ran up to me and twirled me around.
“What!?” I said harshly. I couldn’t help but mean to him. He did after all break my heart. And he’s a jerk for showing up here when I was almost over him.
“I need to talk to you.” he said sweetly.
“Why are you here?!” I barked at him.
“That’s what we need to talk about.” He grabbed my hand and held it in his. Instantly my anger vanished and my heart started to beat haphazardly. After a while I shook it off and remembered what a jerk he was.
“No!” I snapped his hand away from mine and was about to walk away again when he grabbed me and pulled me into a passionate embrace. He spoke softly into my ear.
“I know your upset with me but just please listen to what I have to say.” I took a deep breath and pulled away.
“Fine.” I said inaudibly.
“I’m sorry…okay. I’m sorry that I just left you like that, it was wrong of me. I was so worked up on my opportunity that I didn’t think about what was best for you. And the whole time we were apart I did nothing but think of you-”
“If that’s true” I said cutting him off “Why didn’t you call me, huh? Two whole years and not a single call! Why?!” He looked down and solemnly said. “Because I….I just-”
“Let me guess you meet someone else didn’t you?” He became quite. “You are such a jerk!” That was the final straw. I tried to leave once more but he seized my hand.
“Becky it wasn’t like that.”
“No! Get away, you’re wasting my time!” I yelled. I tried to escape but his hand was griped tight on mine.
“Becky just listen, When I left I felt so horrible about what I did to you. I felt like I wasn’t good enough for you anymore. So I thought it was best if I tried to get over you. I wanted to call you so bad, just to at least hear you voice, but I knew I couldn’t. So I started to date around and focus on why I was in LA, but I couldn’t keep living a lie. And about her, she was nothing. She never made me feel the way I do about you. No one could ever replace you. When I finally realized that I came to my senses and finally bought that plane ticket to Plano and came to find you. So here I am and I just need you to know that I love you, and I’ll always will. And no one can change that.”

I'm falling more in love
With every single word I withhold
I'm falling more in love
With every single word you say
I'm falling head-over-heels for you


Those three words made me burn inside like someone lit a match inside me. I began to feel all wobbly and weak. My knees finally gave in and I fell into Kevin’s loving arms and burst into tears.
“Kevin, please don’t ever leave me again.” I sobbed
“I promise I will never leave you. I love you.”
“I love you too.” I said with all my heart. He smiled and wiped my tears away. After out little reunion scene, we came back, hand in hand, to Willi and Amy. They were sitting down at a table pretending they didn’t see anything that just happened.
“Hey guys.” Kevin greeted Willi and Amy.
“Kevin it’s been forever!” cried Willi.
“Hey Kevin!” Amy shouted loudly, as usual. He hugged them both and we then sat down next to them.
“It’s great to be back, it’s just like old times” he said.
“Yeah just like old times.” I said smiling wide at him.

I've been dancing on the tops of buildings
At the top of my lungs I'm singing you a song
Don't you leave me alone
My bones were shattered
My pride lays shattered
Well I'll trample my pride and tell the whole world
To dance with me


After we talked for a good couple hours, Amy and Willi left and then it was just me and Kevin. We were walking in the park with our hands intertwined. I would occasionally look up at him at stare into his brilliant blue eyes.
“I’ve missed this, I missed it a lot.” Kevin said
“Yeah me too.” I agreed
“But do you know what I missed the most?” He asked.
“What?” I asked
“This.” He then bent down slowly and pressed those perfectly shaped lips to mine. It sent off a spark that made me feel alive again, like I finally found the missing puzzle piece to my life. Everything in my heart that was hurting just completely disappeared. I felt like my world was spinning hysterically around me. He then pulled away and his blue eyes glistened with satisfaction.
“I missed that too.” I say a little out of breath. My life used to be extremely cruel these past two years, but then Kevin came back, kinda like my knight in shining armor, and saved me. He is definitely my beautiful rescue.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading
Sorry I took so look to update.
So I would really like some feedback (:
Stay tuned for the next Chapter.

Song: My Beautiful Rescue by This Providence

(looks them up they are amazing)

© By Becky Publishing Inc. All rights reserved.