Sequel: The Art-Deco Project

Said Is Dead

Chit Chat

Chase Daniel's wouldn't deny it. She had been sitting in Mikey's pink boxers for four days crying her eyes out while watching 'Say Anything'.

To say she took her break up lightly was an understatement.

The boys left her alone, not knowing what to do about their friend. Gerard had personally called Frank up to ask him why he would proclaim his love to a girl, only to run off leaving her in someone's apartment.

Frank's only reply was to go to Disneyland.

Chase looked down at the bowl of Count Chocula, she had Gerard pick it up for her, telling him it was better than Frankenberry by a milestone.

Gerard plopped down next to Chase, a sad smile on his face. He put an arm around her shoulders and watched her, mesmerized by her sad features. He thought of her as a fallen angel. His secret feelings coming to the surface.

"Chase, I know this is hard, and with everything-"

"Don't," She stated simply, she moved her metal spoon around the lime green bowl in her hands. Her eyes never met his, and she only starred at the marshmallows in her milk.

"Chase, Frank is weird about emotions. He runs off when he gets scared. He prolly just realized how much he really loves you and freaked out. He's not used to love. It's a scary concept." Gerard touched her cheek softly.

Small tears came down her cheeks, Chase thought of Frank's bullshit. She thought of going home, she thought of college.

"Maybe it's a sign," Chase said, her eyes finally meeting Gerard's.

"What do you mean a sign?" He inquired, his eyebrows knitting together in confusion.

"Maybe I need to go home, go back to school. I could major in journalism, I mean my blog is taking off, but seriously? Making a television show out of my hair brained antics? Doesn't sound to interesting and-"

Gerard put a finger to her lips, his eyes saddening. "Don't say that Chase, you can do all of that here, you can live with me. Don't leave Chase," Gerard almost begged, his voice pleading with her's.

Chase sniffled, her mind twisting in so many different directions. "Gerard, I'm a mooch. I always have been. All my life my parent's have told me I need to change. That I need to grow up. It's true, I've mooched off everyone I've ever loved, I need to be taken care of. It's my flaw, I'm needy. But I think it's time for me to become my own person, I think deep down, that this is the right thing to do, I think its time to leave." Chase's word's hung in the air, Gerard looked down at himself.

"I think your wrong."

"Whys that Gerard?" Chase challenged.

"Because Frank's a douche, this is what he does, he gets girls in his grasp, wigs out, then leaves them second guessing themselves entirely. He's never respected a woman once. This is all because he got jealous that you were more famous then him," Gerard said breathlessly, in a last attempt of keeping Chase with him.

"What?" She questioned, her mind reeling.

"Yeah, I lied when I told you he just needed time to think. Chase he told me you were sucking him dry of fame. He's already moved on."

Chase shook involuntarily, her body giving into the many emotions flooding her. She felt so wronged, so used.

She had trusted him.

Gerard wrapped his arms around her, bringing Chase into a hug.

"Do it Chicky," He said kissing her hair.

"Do what?" She choked.

"Go get that T.V slot, prove em all wrong."

"Gerard, your really good at making people feel better you know that?" She said squeezing him more tightly.

"I know, It's my best quality," He said smugly.

Chase laughed. "Call MTV, I think its time to prove Frank wrong."

"There's my girl," Gerard smiled widely, standing up and walking into the other room.

Chase took deep breaths. Was she ready? Was she mentally capable of the whole world being able to see her? Of being able to tune into her every moment?

Did she really want to end up like Lauren Conrad? All of her friendships ruined and her life in a disarray?

She couldn't answer those questions, she only knew that she would have revenge.
♠ ♠ ♠
I got my laptop back.
Geek Squad is evil though.
Comments?