When Will This End?

Chapter 16

Image

The next morning things weren't any better. I decided not to go downstairs for breakfast. I knew I'd only be glared at. I knew this was what Maddie was planning and I guess she'd gotten her wish. . . like always. I've been in here ever since that conversation with Mom. Now that I think of it I don't even think it made any sense. She practically used to beg me to get along with Frank so she'd look good in front of her friends and I told her how much he hated me and their was no point to it. Now things have changed huh? All because Maddie says.

"They always believe what Maddie says. . ." I said to myself.

I even ignored Frank's phone call last night. I didn't mean to, I just didn't want to talk. He would've asked what was wrong, I would've lied, he would've known and kept asking until I spilled. I sighed trying to think of a way to get out of the house. All of a sudden there was a knock on my door.

"Ana?" Brian asked. ". . .Honey?"

"Yeah?" I asked dully.

"Are you gonna come out?"

"I don't think so. . ."

He waited awhile before he spoke again. "Where going to do some shopping for Emma. Do you want to come?"

"I don't think so Bri. . ."

"Are you gonna come out of there soon? You haven't eaten anything the whole day. . ." He said sounding worried.

"No need to be worried Bri. I'm fine. . ."

"An'. I know that what ever happened between your mom and you must have hurt you, but it hurt her to. And well. . .it's not worth fighting with your mom you know. She loves you."

"I just want to be left alone for now, okay?" I told him sincerely.

"-Okay." He paused. "But if you want to come. . .we're leaving in about ten minuets." He then walked away.

Laying down again I felt my phone vibrate next to me. I looked at the caller ID and saw that it was Mikey.

"Hey Mikey. You home already?" I greeted my friend.

"Yeah! Finally." He huffed.

"Heh, how was the test?" I asked.

"Brutal, BUT I made a new friend. I think you'll like her." He said.

"Oooh HER?"

"He-he. Yeah. When they were telling us what rooms we were in this girl and her mom came to look at the school. Her names Alicia. She's a junior like you."

"Oh." I smiled. "When's she gonna start?" I asked.

"Probably Monday. I talked to her a bit. She's really cool." Mikey giggled.

My smile grew wider. I could tell he was blushing a bit even though I couldn't see him nor could he me. "I can't wait to meet her."

"Yeah- Hey what'r you up to?" He asked.

"Uhh. . .nothing." I told him truthfully.

"Everything okay? You sound kind of down."

"I've had better days, but I'm okay. I know there's nothing wrong with ME at least." I told him.

"OhKey Doke. You wanna go to the comic store a bit with me and Frankie?"

Frank? "Umm how long are you gonna spend there?" I asked.

"Not long. Why are you on a curfew again?" He asked.

"No, I just want to be home before my parents get back so they don't know that I've been out."

"Oh? Are you grounded? You don't have to sneak out. We could always come over." He offered.

"Umm I don't think so. My mom and I didn't really see eye to eye on a subject last night after dinner, and I'm guessing she'd be a little ticked off if I left as soon as she stepped out of the house. Cause you see ever since the incident I haven't stepped out of my room."

"Ooooh. That sucks. What was the disagreement about?" He asked.

"I-I really don't want to talk about it. It's a long story."

"Okie. So you want me to pick you up?" He asked again.

"Sure. In the next 15 minuets or so?"

"Alright. No problem. See you then." He said.

"Okay, see you then." I told him ending the phone call.

After I flipped my phone closed I quickly got up and ran into my closet to find something to wear.

TWENTY MINUETS LATER

I opened up my door as soon as I heard the car pull out of the driveway. I looked out to make sure I heard right. Smiling I continued to tip toe to the stairs. When I passed Maddie's room I saw that the door was closed, I suddenly grew angry. When I approached the stairs and grabbed the railing I jolted up as I heard a door open.

"Where are YOU going?" Maddie asked.

I stopped and turned around. "I thought you guys left." I lifted my eyebrow slightly.

"Mom, Dad, and Emma left. I stayed home."

Since when did she start calling MY mom 'Mom' "Oh." I said before I continued to make my way down stairs.

"Where are you going Anna?" She asked following me.

"Shit!" I thought to myself "I'm going for a walk." I told her.

"A walk huh? Well I'll come with you." She said.

"I rather you not!" I spat back at her as I pulled a pair of sneakers on and walked to the front door, opening it.

"What's with the attitude Ana!? Huh!" She tormented me.

"Just shut up! Go back to your room or something you fucking princess!" I yelled at her before I slammed the door in her face.

Just in time, Mikey was walking up my driveway. He smiled and waved.

"Hey. Lets go." I told him as I walked past him.

He jogged a little to catch up to my fast pace.

"Everything okay?" He asked.

"No-." I frowned.

He wrapped an arm around me and asked. "What happened? Is this about your argument with your mom?" He asked.

"It's everything. Everything that's happened in the past two weeks."

Mikey stared at me in a sympathetic way. "I'm sorry every thing's screwed up for you at the moment. . .but I'm here to talk anytime. You know that, right?" He said as he put his arm around me a gave me a half hug.

"Thanks Mikey. . . You know-"

"Hmmm?"

"You're like the brother I always wished I had." I told him truthfully.

He smiled at me as his arm still laid around my shoulders. "And you're like the sister I've always wanted. Not that Gerard isn't great or anything." He laughed.

"Ha-ha! Suddup!"

When Mikey and I arrived at the shop Frank was already there reading a Bathman comic in one of the isles.

"Hey Frankie!" Mikey said giving him a pat on the back.

"Hey Mikey." He said looking towards Mikey. "Hey Ana." He said with a smile that hadn't gone unnoticed.

"Hi." I gave a little wave.

"What'r you readin'?" Mikey asked him.

Frank glanced back down at his comic. "Number 689. I never saw it before so I figured why not read it."

"Is that the one when he tries to save the people who escaped the Arkham Asylum or something?"

"Yeah and Penguin wants to be the king of crime." Frank chuckled.

"Yeah-" I smiled.

"You know your comics, don't you?" He chuckled once again.

"I love comics." I blushed.

While Frank and I were discussing our love for comic books Mikey took a look a his wrist watch and told us he had to go.

Frank and I both looked up at him with confusion. "What? But we just got here." I looked at him strangely.

"Yeah but I totally forgot I had to get the car to Gee by- um I go to go. Uh Frank you'll walk her home right?" Mikey asked.

"Uh- sure." Frank agreed.

"B- Mikey."

"Okay talk to you guys later! Bye." He said before he exited the shop.

"That was weird." Frank said out loud.

"Yeah-" I agreed.

"Well um you wanna go get something to eat?" He asked as he put the comic back in it's place.

"Huh?"

"I'm kind of hungry. "He chuckled.

"Oh um okay." I nodded.

"Yeah?" He asked.

"Yeah." I smiled.

"I think the place across the street has some vegetarian stuff." He smiled as he opened the door for me.

"Yeah. Well lets check it out."

"Kay."

When we arrived at the diner across the street it did indeed have some dishes for Frank and I. We both ordered sandwiches and took a seat at a table.

"How long have you been a vegetarian?" He asked taking a bite of his food.

"About three years now." I swallowed. "You?"

"Two years." He smiled.

"Yeah? What changed your mind?" I asked him.

"I just thought about how gross it is to kill something and eat it. I mean like, we're not zombies, are we?"

I laughed at his comparison. "I know what you mean."

It went quiet for a while but the Frank spoke up again.

"Hey, um what happened last night? If you don't mind me asking." He paused to look at me.

I wiped my mouth with a napkin. "Um. . .what do you mean?" I asked hoping he didn't know about the argument. But then how could he? Unless Mikey told him something about me being upset. . .

"I called you but you didn't pick up." He smiled.

"Oh! I'm so sorry. I fell asleep. I was gonna call you back but Mikey called and said that you'd be at the comic shop. So, I figured I'll see you anyway." I smiled back at him.

"Oh." He chuckled. "Okay."

"How about I call you tonight." I offered.

"You don't have to." He smiled taking another bite of his sandwich.

"Yeah- but I missed your last call. So..." I shuck my shoulder.

"Hm. Okay." His smiled grew bigger.

"You ready to go?" Frank asked as I took a few sips of my soda.

"Yup." I said digging into my pocket for some money but he stopped me.

"No, don't worry about it. I got it." He offered.

"Oh you don't have to. Really I can-."

"Nah. I got it. Really." He smiled as he took the bill and walked up to the counter to pay for it.

I got up after he did and followed. "Thanks Frankie." I smiled at him.

He touched my arm and said. "It was no problem."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took like a decade to update. I think I'm working on too many projects, but all is well. I'll try to update as soon as possible.