Reckless

Claire's Pov.

“Oh my god, no way. You have been to New York on New Year Eve!” I said for the third time that night. Kaleb was really easily to get along with, as soon as we had sat at the table we had been in a deep conversation about how he had traveled the world a few years ago.

“Claire I think we have all got that he has traveled the world.” Becca said slightly laughing.

I just smiled at her, letting her know silently I approved of her choice in men, which didn’t happen very often. I looked around the table there was Mikey by the side of me, making small talk with Gerard while Sophie was either checking her reflection in her mobile phone or making snide comments about Becca.

“Excuse me a minute.” I said getting up and making my way to the toilets.

I had just turned the corner when I felt someone put their hand on my shoulder. I turned around to see Gerard.

“Claire, you’ve got to help me. I know I messed up but I want another chance with Becca.” Gerard said, his face was showing signs of distress.

“Well you’re showing it in a strange way, why don’t you just go back to playing happy couples with Sophie out there.” I said gesturing my head to the blonde who now looked lost without Gerard sat beside her.

“You don’t understand, I can’t end things with Sophie. At least not yet. I want Becca to hear me out!” He said running his hands through his hair.

“Why should I help you, after you broke her heart Gerard? She never gives people second chances. You had your chance, why should you get a second one?” I asked shrugging his hand off of my shoulder.

He was silent, I turned away and pushed the door to the ladies toilet open. If the door wouldn’t have been so heavy causing me to push it slowly I wouldn’t have heard the mumble that came from Gerard’s mouth.

“Because I love her.” He said louder this time as I turned around to face him. I could tell he was telling the truth.

I nodded my head before walking into the toilets. I didn’t know what I was going to do, Kaleb was amazing he was the perfect boy for Becca. Almost to perfect. He was everything Gerard wasn’t, that was probably what was so perfect about him. But I knew Becca was happiest when she was Gerard, I hadn’t seen her that happen since before her father had died.

I walked back out and took my seat next to Mikey, he wrapped his arm around me when I came and sat down. I tried to avoid looking at Gerard who was acting like he was totally loved up with Sophie. Kaleb kept whispering things in Becca’s ear causing her to giggle, I had a feeling what he was saying wasn’t that funny though.

Sophie was talking about her hair and beauty course that he dad was going to pay for her to do. I couldn’t help but roll my eyes; mine and Becca’s parents sent us on our way after we had finished school.

I kept quiet while everybody continued their conversations. I was sat there lost in my thoughts for a while until Becca spoke to me.

“That was really nice, I enjoyed mine. Claire did you enjoy yours?” Becca said after she had finished.

“Yeah.” I smiled putting my knife and fork down. The truth was I didn’t feel like eating, I didn’t know what was wrong with me.

“How would you know, you have barley eaten anything.” Mikey said looking at my plate of chicken, rice and salad which hadn’t been touched.

“It was really filling.” I smiled.

Mikey, Gerard and Kaleb all reached for their wallets at the same time looking at the bill. “Let me pay, after all it was mine and Claire’s treat.” Mikey said.

“I’m paying for mine and Sophie’s because we practically ate on our own.” Gerard said it was true him and Sophie didn’t really talk to anyone besides Mikey, they sat in their corner acting like they were loved up.

“Why did you come then?” Becca mumbled causing me to kick her under the table.

“I’ll pay for ours.” Kaleb said gesturing towards Becca, he may not have noticed but he was falling right into Becca’s plan.

“That’s sorted then!” Becca smiled around the table.

When we were leaving Becca strolled behind knowing I wanted to talk to her.

“Just so you know, I don’t approve of your little games. I think it is out of order that you are stringing Kaleb along, just to make Gerard jealous.” I kept my voice down so the boys who were discussing music couldn’t hear.

“Claire, relax it’s only for a little while. Besides it’s not like he isn’t doing the same to me.” Becca said linking her arm through mine.

“Do you reckon it is working?” She asked.

“Yeah, better than you think.” I muttered.

“What do you mean?” Becca looked at me confused.

“Can’t you see it? He really doesn’t want to be with Sophie, he wants you.” I said before catching up with the boys leaving Becca in her own thoughts.

Mikey probably seemed surprised that I was being so clingy tonight, to tell the truth it was surprising me as well. I squeezed Mikey’s hand smiling up at him. I honestly couldn’t see myself with another guy.

I had no idea where we were going but I didn’t really care. Gerard looked uncomfortable; I mean he was like the fifth wheel of a double date. I instantly knew where we were going once we turned the corner. The club.

Gerard and Mikey went to the bar to get our drinks whilst the rest of us found a table. I instantly removed me high heels as soon as we had sat down. Becca had been unusually quiet, she wasn’t even trying to make conversation with Kaleb, and she kept staring at Gerard then shaking her head.

“So, do you come here often?” Kaleb leant over to ask me, the music was loud.

“We haven’t been here in a while, but yeah we used to.” I nodded.

“Oh yeah I heard about that argument you had with your ex here. What was his name again?” Sophie said applying lip gloss.

“His name was none of your business.” Becca snapped.

“Someone’s a little cranky, is it because you haven’t got what you want for once?” She fake pouted tormenting Becca.

“Leave it.” I warned Becca has her fists clenched.

“Wow, you don’t seem like the kind of girl who takes orders from anyone. I guess I got you wrong.” Sophie sneered.

“You don’t know anything about me.” Becca stood up.

“Oh I know more about you than you think. You go around thinking you are hard done by, moaning about how crap live is. You even tried to kill yourself if you had forgotten!” That was the last straw Becca pounced on her.
♠ ♠ ♠
So here's the deal, i struggled writing this chapter. *sigh*
I just don't have any urge to update this story anymore, i'm hoping the sudden writers block will go soon.
Also, does anyone still read this? Can you comment if you do, leave suggestions on where the story could go from here maybe? x