Sequel: Torment

Killing Jar

Unlocked

I decided against celebrating. I was tired. Plus, my father had a quick assignment for me. I had left Brendon and Ryan back at the studio, bickering about where they were going to go tonight. Apparently they were going to celebrate without me.

I tossed my notebook on my desk before heading for my bedroom. I climbed into my bed and got under the blankets. I closed my eyes and quickly fell asleep.

----------------------------------

I woke up at around 11:30. My father was going to be here in half an hour. I got up slowly and ran my fingers through my hair. I went to my kitchen to get something to eat. I ate my food slowly. I finished my food a few minutes before 12.

I paced in front of my apartment door, waiting for my father to appear. When he did show up, he didn't bother knocking as he usually did. He handed me a folder.

"Sorry," he said. "I'm kind of in a hurry."

"In a hurry for what?" I asked. "You can't do anything."

"I know," he said. "But I'm meeting someone. I might as well use my free hour to my advantage."

I just rolled my eyes.

"See you later," I said. He smiled at me befor hurrying back out my door. I opened the folder and read the file quickly. I looked at the clock. I had a little bit before I had to take care of this. I set the filed down and prepared myself.

When it was time, I felt myself grow stronger. I took care of the woman quickly. It was easy.

I got back to my apartment and saw I had about 3 minutes until my powers subsided. I could feel myself growing weaker. I sunk to the floor, sitting on my knees, waiting to pass out.

I jumped when I heard a knock on my door. I looked at my clock. 1 minute. I glanced at the door. Who was there? I stayed where I was.

Whoever was there knocked again. 30 seconds. The room was starting to spin slowly. 15 seconds. My apartment door flew open. I thought I had locked it. 5 seconds. I barely got a glimpse of the person's shocked face as I returned to normal and blacked out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a quick update :]
Comments??
~Sally