Standing on Rooftops

McPuke

About 15 minutes after we left I began dozing off. I'm way more comfortable to sleeping on my right but since Brian was there I placed my head on Jimmy's right arm.

"Your already going to sleep?" I hear Val ask

"Shh .."

Couple Hours Later

What seemed like a lifetime of sleeping I felt someone lightly shaking me, saying my name.

"Eh, no, let me sleep some more." I whined turning the opposite direction of who ever it was.

"Tay, you gotta get up. We made a quick stop to get something to eat."

I slowly opened my eyes. It was Brian. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and sat up stretching. "Fine." I grumbled. I then realize it was just him and I in the van. God, is this going to be a regular thing now? We both get out at the same time and I feel him rub against me.

"Ah." I jumped out.

"What?" He asks looking worried.

"Oh, uh nothing. Just felt a bit violated." I walked ahead him taking larger steps then I normally would. Entering "Mcpuke" ,as I call McDonald's, I made my way to the group and sat next to Val. Just then Jimmy pushed a tray to me that contained chicken nuggets, fries, and a drink.

"Orange right?" I ask. He nodded. I stuff a couple of fries in my mouth and said, "Thank you to whoever bought this for me."

"Your welcome." They all say together. I look up to Matt, Jimmy, Brian, Zacky, and Michelle.

"OK?" I mumbled.

Before we were about to leave I stood up needing to go to the bathroom. "Taylor, wait up."
God!

"What, Brian?" I say with more anger in my voice then I meant.

"I want to give us a chance" He empathized the word 'us'

"No, no, Brian. Why are you making this trip more awkward than it is?" I said hoping up and down because I really needed to go.

"I just .." He sighs. "been thinking a lot and I would really want you to be my girlfriend."

Ugh. Why is he doing this now?

I'm going to have to turn him down


Are you crazy? Look at him. He has god like features and your going to turn him down?

Oh, shut up.

"Could you just wait, Please." I turned my back on him and race to the stall. I did my business and then stared at my reflection for about minutes before walking back out. He wasn't in the same spot I had left him. The table was empty, so I looked outside and saw the van parked outside. My mind was replaying the scene me and Brian just had. I noticed I didn't have those weird feelings in my stomach.

"I'm going to ride with the Berry's" I say to Val drumming my fingers on the side of the van. She looked at me and mouthed 'Brian'. I nodded. The Berry's are Jason and Matt, the band's roadies, They don't go to Huntington High, but Matt and Zack know them from middle school. Well, they all know each other from middle school.

"Why are you going with the Berry's?" Jimmy whispers to me. "I don't want to get jumped by Bryann." Which in fact is true. That's the reason why I do not want to be with Brian. You know, Bryann may look innocent on the outside but by the looks of she is pretty tough.

Since they were at sonic, I got dropped off. Johnny came walking to the van when we got there. Poor guy is short. I'm a bit taller than him, but we both got shit for being small.
I jumped out on Jimmy's side.

"Jason." I singed

"Taylor!" He mocked. I hugged him for 10 seconds before letting go.

"So your riding with us huh?" Matt B asked.

"You betcha."

"Nice" Jason high - fived me.

*****

We pulled up to the venue and began unloading all the equipment. The whole day I got to hang out with Matt B because Jason had to check the guys stuff after every song. Matt B usually helps out, but Jason wants us to spend more time together so we become better friends.

"OK, so worst embarrassing ever." I thought hard about it.

"Uh ... last year, Kira told the whole school that I was a virgin. Everybody. Morning announcements. I transferred after that."

He was quiet for awhile.

"Wait, your a virgin?" He shouts.

"Shut - up! and yes I am. I bet you are too." I shoved him playfully.

"OK, sorry for blurting that out loud." He smiled.

"Don't tell Brian either. Bad enough he wants to be my boyfriend." I mumbled but apparently he heard.

"But he's with Bryann. Hell, Michelle even likes him."

Finally, someone who understands!

"Exactly!" I jumped up hugging him. he seemed confused to why I was hugging him, but he gave in and hugged back.