Standing on Rooftops

The Carnival

"Come on!" He rushed me. "Where you taking me?" "Just follow." He demanded. "Ugh."
"O.K, were here." "The outside of your house?" I asked. "Yeah, but look where you standing."
"Were on your rooftop." He sat down and so did I. Me and Brian aren't a couple so i wonder why he brought me here. I mean ME. "Uh..*ahem* Brian, why did you bring me here?" He was quiet for awhile until he said "I just wanted to show someone else this view." Um...O.K? I leaned in about to kiss him but he leaned back. "Taylor...I think we should just stay friends." I leaned back feeling embarrassed. I didn't say anything but stood up and walked away with a tear escaping my eye.


"Hey wake up!" Shay's voice came beside me. "Ugh! WHAT!" I yelled cranky. "Somebody name Matt is on the-" I quickly shot up from my bed, grabbing my phone by my bedside. "Hello?"
"Taylor?" I shooed Shay away. "Yeah." "Me, the guys and Val are going to that carnival over by the peer tonight, so do you want to go?" "Hells yeah Matt, wait what time is it?" "Nine." "It's a mother fucking Saturday and you call me at nine?" I said smiling. He coughed a little. "I guess."
"Ha ha whatever Matt, but yeah I'll go." "Cool well will be at your house at 5." "O.K bye douche."

A car horn came from outside my house. I quickly grabbed my emo jacket and locked the door on my way out since Shay and Jake are out tonight. I opened the back door of Matt's S.U.V
For god sakes his only 18 and yet he has a huge car. "Uh...you know one of you guys can seat in the back seat with-scoot over." I said stopping mid-sentence because Brian was making out with some girl. Thats why Zack, Jimmy, and Johnny were all seating in one row. I looked back seeing it was the same girl who was seating on Brian's lap on Monday, Byrann, Brunette shoulder length hair, gray eyes, perfect body, and known as the popular one at school.

Matt parked the vehicle and we all got out. I was standing there looking at all the people here when Brian called my name. "Taylor, this is Byrann and Byrann this is-" "Yeah, I know her." Byrann said cutting Brian off. I gave her a 'What the hell' look. I walked over to Jimmy mumbling "What a bitch." "KNUCKLES." Jimmy yelled holding out his knuckles for me to pound mines to his, which I did. We both took off from the rest of the crew to the arcade placing quarters into the little hole to play Resident Evil 4.

I grabbed the red gun while Jimmy took the blue. We both started getting into it, jumping around from side to side, screaming and yelling, hitting the screen, cursing when we tried to shoot.

We had Red Bull. What are you gonna do about it?

"Dude, Jimmy I'm running out of quarters." I said feeling around in my pockets. "Shit, me too." "We have to find some." I took off trying to find one of the guys while Jimmy guarded the game so no one could play it. "Matt!" I yelled when I saw him standing in line for a ride. He turned around. "Oh, sorry I thought you were somebody I knew." I said to the guy I thought was Matt.

I walked back to Jimmy seeing him doing karate moves. "Hey wanna just try some rides?" I asked. "With what money Sherlock? We spent it all on Red Bull and this game." "Geez..easy Jim, don't go all-Hey there's Brian and Zack." I said cutting myself off. Me and Jimmy ran towards them. "Do you guys have any money?" Me and Jimmy said at the same time. "Sorry, I spent my last 10 on Byrann." Brian said, holding her by her waist. "Ugh!!!" I yelled.

"Is Taylor Morris jealous?" Zacky teased. "Like hell I'm not. Me and this dude here just want to try a ride." I defended. "Easy Morris, here." Zack said handing me two fives. I gave one five to Jimmy. "Bye douches." Again me and Jimmy said at the same time. "Ugh.." Byrann said annoyed. I rolled my eyes. Me and Jimmy took off again towards the Cliffhanger.

"O.K douche, so what's your deal with Byrann?" He asked as we waited in the long line. "Jimmy are you that stupid?" He shrugged. "She throws herself at Brian whenever I'm around. I don't like her because..because she's F N perfect and every way, maybe Zack is right...I am jealous." I mumbled the last part.

"Thanks Jim , now I'm not in the mood to try this ride." He bit his bottom lip looking around. "Hey, you O.K?" I asked worried. He went up and back down on his tip toes, a habit. "Jimmy what are you hiding?" "O.K O.K but please don't get mad Tay, I was gonna save this for myself, but this is an emergency." He said pulling a Red Bull out of his pocket.

"What the hell Jimmy?" I said hitting him in the arm, but I was just messing with him because its funny and plus he apologizes alot. "I'm so sorry Taylor" "Jimmy its cool, just open that bitch and lets slam it." I said with a smile pasted on my face. The line was getting shorter so we didn't have much time.

Once we finished Jimmy was already getting hyper. "Look its a STALLION DUCK!!" He yelled. I was laughing uncontrollably. "That's a dog." "Oh." "Tickets please?" The ticket worker guy said. Me and Jimmy handed him our tickets and walked to the seats and sat down.

HEY!!!

There cutting!!!


People were saying as they moved out of the way. Zacky and Johnny were cutting in front of people to get to the ticket guy. "Hey Taylor...Jimmy." Johnny said sitting in the middle with Jim. Me and Zack were on the edge. The ride started and we rise up and up till the whole view was Huntington and the carnival.

"Guys I always wanted to try this." Jimmy said digging in his pocket and pulled out a quarter. "JIMMY!!" I groaned. "What?" He said innocently while holding the quarter in his palm. The ride got to the top and it dropped. His quarter floating when we were yelling and screaming.

Ugh...He had a quarter and a Red Bull the whole time.