Standing on Rooftops

Looking through the glass

After having the guts to go back to the table I kept to myself and not looking at anyone. The guys were coming up with ideas and Zacky had to ask for my opinion and that brought attention towards me. I just agreed to what he said. I kept twirling Jimmy’s house keys around and around until I heard my name.

“Taylor, are you going with Brian or with us?” Johnny asked, getting out of the booth right behind Jimmy.

I bit my bottom lip and looked to the ground. I didn’t know who to go with. I didn’t want to go with Brian because of what I had said, but at the same time I do, kind of.

“She’ll come with me. You guys are already crowded.” Brian said pulling me towards him. “Hopefully this plan works guys, see ya tomorrow.”

Me and Brian reached his car and both got in. The drive back to my house was very awkward silence, just like the drive to Johnny’s Bar.

“So, what do you think about the plan?” He asked casually.
Crap, I wasn’t even listening. Before I answered I pushed my bangs out of my eyes.

“Oh.. right, the plan. Well, um..-“
“You weren’t listening were you?” He smiled and I was completely dazed by it.
“No, I wasn’t” I looked out the window, seeing my street and Jimmy stumbling out of Zacky’s car. I smiled.

I was about to reach the door handle when Brian grabbed my hand.

“Can I ask you something?” He asked. My heart began racing and I was getting these weird feelings in my stomach that I didn’t like.

“Sure.” He smiled.
“Do you really think I’m gorgeous?”
“Uh… I wasn’t talking about you-“ I laughed awkwardly. “I was looking at my reflection in Jimmy’s glass.”

He let go of my hand and I got out, fast walking to my door.
Looking at your reflection in Jimmy’s glass? I asked myself opening the door to see Shay sitting on the couch.

“Hey, where have you been?” She asked
“I was just hanging with the guys. Why?”
“Was Valary with you?”
“God, does Val always have to be with me when I’m around Jimmy, Zacky, Johnny, and Brian.”
“Well you know I don’t trust them with you.”
I sat down on the couch with her. “So, you don’t like the guys?” I asked crossing my arms over my chest and raising an eyebrow.

“I didn’t say that. I just mean I don’t trust them that’s all.”

I shook my head and grabbed the remote from her. Why was Johnny with us at the bar? He’s only 15! Oh well, at least he didn’t drink.

That whole night I kept thinking about the plan and Brian’s disappointed face when I told him I was looking at myself through a glass and calling myself gorgeous. HA! Well, I guess I’ll just have to find out tomorrow.